Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 06 R6 2 months ago it had 2 miles on it and had been sitting getting ready to made into a track bike.

I come in swoop it put 400 miles on it and not it is dripping coolant. It is not coming from the hoses and is dripping out of the water pump area. I took the water pump out and the shaft is solid with no play so I wouldn't think it is coming out the weep hole.

Any ideas. this pretty common?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had an '06 that did the same at around 600 miles for no reason. I still don't know why but I replaced the whole pump and obviously problem solved. I'm sure it was the shaft seal in the back...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Happened to me as well. Bike had 1200 miles on it when I bought it, started leaking coolant and couldn't really tell from where. It would only leak after sitting for a few hours after a ride. Took it to one shop and they couldn't find the leak, took it to another shop and they replaced the pump and all the hoses under warranty.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Happened to me as well. Bike had 1200 miles on it when I bought it, started leaking coolant and couldn't really tell from where. It would only leak after sitting for a few hours after a ride. Took it to one shop and they couldn't find the leak, took it to another shop and they replaced the pump and all the hoses under warranty.
This is weird, I just got my new 07' out the shop for this exact same reason, you may need an impellar shaft. I got mine in April this year and it was leaking real bad about a week ago, get it fixed asap!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess it is pretty common.

Thanks for the replies I will replace the assembly tonight hopefully yamaha has it in stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts