Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a leak proof brand pro moly seal/wiper kit for my 07 R6W. I talked to a Tech today and he will not install them, said they will leak maybe a day or a week later. He said leak proof would replace the seals but doesn't pay labor so he will not install them. Does anyone know if the leak proof brand seals are problematic or if this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and I should find someone else to install them?

·
Got street appeal?
1,656 Posts
I've installed them in a couple different vehicles... Just like any fork seal they will leak over time. But never the next day or within a week.

·
FastForward Performance
961 Posts
Leak proofs are JUNK! I not only will not install them, I won't even sell them. Tdub

·
Registered
360 Posts
mine leaked day 4. i never stunt, or race. tech said they were just junk

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,251 Posts
I've didn't have good luck with them, either. Then again, I only tried them once on a buddy's dirt bike. They leaked the first time out. I thought the arrangement was a good idea when installing them because they didn't require a seal dirver (they had to flat rings and a rubber seal that was sandwiched inbetween). I don't know if they are still the same. But obviously, they didn't hold up to their name.

My experience with any aftermarket fork seal has been 50-50. I've done quite a few fork seal replacements and will only use OEM because of that. Even with OEMs, though, you have to be sure to lube them up and be careful during assembly and when diving them in so you don't damage the seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts