Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, not too familiar with my bike yet. But yesterday when I was cruising for less than an hour around my house the heat up a lot, i guess it was because i was cruising in only 1st and 2nd gear and heated the engine up a lot? (going like 30's -40's mph).

When I got back home and idle my bike the coolant started dripping all over the place and fans started kicking in and white smoke coming out the tank, the temp was around 210. is this dripping normal?

Do i need to get it checked out, i read that i should be checking the coolant level?

the day before yesterday I dropped it on the right side w/o any sliders, a driveway drop, would that have cracked anything inside?

any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
No that is not normal. Check to make sure your radiator cap is still tight. If it is, then I would suggest going to autozone and renting their coolant system pressurizer. Basically its an airpump that goes where your radiator cap is. You put it on, pump it up to 16psi and then start looking for a leak. Once you do that and find the leak, let us know where its coming from and we'll get you fixed up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts