Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
one Wheel pimpin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anytime i ride numerous wheelies or if i ride them for over a mile my air box starts leaking oil. i re-routed my crankcase ventilation hose off the airbox and positioned it higher than the block when the front end is straight up and down but it seems to still be leaking???? i keep my oil level topped off never over fill it. any ideas??? i was pretty sure the oil came form the crankcase ventilation hose but im not sure??? i dont know of anywhere else it could be coming from?? bike runs great! just leaks in a long wheelie.

·
one Wheel pimpin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx
that is the link to the yamaha part catalog. its the upper end of the motor
no PAIR valve. no PCV valve.
only thing thats there is the air ventilation system. when pressure builds up the switch releases it into the airbox. you cannot block that off it has to allow the air to escape. anyway you can show me what valve you guys are talkin about??? yamaha has a very good diagram of the entire bike especially the motor. the link i gave you is where all that is located.
as for the wheelies getting boring comment. far from boring. id ride em longer if the damn thing didnt leak oil. im walkin all over the bike for those two miles, not just standing there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anytime i ride numerous wheelies or if i ride them for over a mile my air box starts leaking oil. i re-routed my crankcase ventilation hose off the airbox and positioned it higher than the block when the front end is straight up and down but it seems to still be leaking???? i keep my oil level topped off never over fill it. any ideas??? i was pretty sure the oil came form the crankcase ventilation hose but im not sure??? i dont know of anywhere else it could be coming from?? bike runs great! just leaks in a long wheelie.
You asked how to fix this problem, so stop doing wheelies on the freeway for over a mile. It's a good solution.

Or you could try buying a gixxer, I hear they dont leak oil with wheelies over 2 miles

·
one Wheel pimpin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes and the hose going to the airbox i removed from the box and lifted up above it so when im in wheelie its higher than the block. i thought that would fix the problem. im not sure if what i leaked after i did that wasnt already in the box or if it kept leakin from elsewhere. but its deff. come from the air filter

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
maybe its already soaked, but the air circulation i was talkin about is the PAIR, tho Yamaha may call it something different.
get some block off plates for it because it draws air into the motor on decel and u dont want unfiltered air going into the valve train.

clean the airbox and throw in a new filter and u shouldnt have the problem anymore.

·
one Wheel pimpin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i gues you are still talkin about the two hoses comin off the top of the valve cover that go into the one headed for the air box. the block offs are for the hoses? wont that restrict the air flow in or out of the motor? guy at dealership told me do not block those off cause they release air pressure from the motor. but he had no clue how to stop the leakin. not many people truly stunt an 05 r6 so there arent many mods out or even info on it. i was thinin if i put some type of filter on that hose i pulled from the box then that would work.? made sense to me that the hose could be leakin oil into the motor cause when u stand the bike upright its way below the top of the motor. and there arent any other hoses goin into the box from the valve cover or crankcase. but thanks for the input i hope it works!

·
one Wheel pimpin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i figured it wouldnt take long for the internet soldiers to come out. hatin is what you do. guess thats just natural selection at its finest. but lets be honest here, they are in cars and trucks, one bike wont cause them to die. me maybe but they wont get hurt. no different than those idiots tearin ass down the freeway at 100 plus. or you late for work swervin through traffic. like i said though hatin is what you do. besides i thought that made a damn good picture.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
look man i have no beef with stunters and I think the shit is cool as hell I have a problem with stunters on the highways i think you need to look at the image your portraying about motorcyclists in general and think about the people you do put at risk. You dont think a 500lb motorcycle moving at freeway speeds can kill someone?? your FU**IN WRONG BOSS crazy shit happens and when its time to go its time to go calculated risks are one thing but knockin on deaths door is another your playin a ****ed up game of russian roulette and i'm sure their are alot of motorcyclists out there who would appreciate it if you didn't include their families in your non-sense

·
one Wheel pimpin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no doubt. i can respect your bullshit. most people that dont like it either get off the freeway or go around us. but more people than not are in awe when they see us stunters ride and usually stay somewhat close to watch. on average id say half the people driving cars will get right next to us and take pictures for miles. or even taunt us to lift the front end up cause they like it. we usually always leave atleast two lanes open for traffic and hardly ever do it in congested areas. that was one day in particular that we had over 30 bikes out stuntin the dallas tollway so we had some traffic. but most of those cars were stayin close cause they enjoyed the show we put on. and obviously i have control of the bike, not sayin nothing cant happen, but deffinitely have control. im good at what i do. we can live our lives in the "what if" forever. what if tomorrow you wake up and have a bad wreck in rush hour traffic with another car??? more people die because of stupid mistakes in cars than ever will happen on bikes. ive seen alot of bikes go down on the highway and no cars came anywhere close...... usually have plenty of gaps so chill with the comments. like i said i respect your thoughts, but the picture with your editing was a bit much. obviously i know the risks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts