Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have chickenstrips, but thats not what im worried about ill get there when i do, but why is it that i feel WAY more confident leaning left then i do right. My left chickestrip is good 3/8" smaller then the right. Every time i try to lean right i feel unstable and awkward....left feels so natural. Ima righty, would that have anything to do with it? Like in snowboarding, let foot forward type thing...? any input?? is this something thats in my head or what the hells going on?
thanks a bunch

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
Turning right makes you put weight on your throttle hand (which is uncomfortable for many at first) causing you to feel awkward.

After riding the bike for quite some time, you will get used to it.

That could be the reasoning. How long have you been riding? (this is not a flamming of you... I am curious)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
mine are the other way around, my right is smaller than my left. i hear that ppl are more comfortable leaning on the side without the exhaust can. for me, i have a couple turns on my commute that i really like, both are right handers.

·
Registered
695 Posts
well like snowboarding everyones different. i snow and skate goofy but i prefer left hand turns and im right handed. with more seat time youll get use to them. the more i ride track the more time i can shave as i get more comfortable with the right handers

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
For some reason I have notice if your right handed you tend to turn left easier and if your left handed it is easier for you to go right. Does this statement hold true for you?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I feel more confident in left hand turns. A while back, I tweaked my back out and some days Im a bit stiff when getting down low and leaning to the right. Usually it doesnt bother me, but every once in awhile if I sleep wrong or something it'll start acting up. Oh yeah, and Im left handed.

·
Registered
406 Posts
+1 on putting weight on the throttle while leaning right. I've heard this several times. I used to feel this way, but now if you look at my pucks, the right-side one is rubbed evenly, left-side I have to keep flipping over to wear the whole thing down.

Street riding I prefer right-handed turns just so I can stay to the inside and dwindle down the chances of getting smacked by someone coming in the other direction.

·
shakin it off
15 Posts
Jeremy126 said:
I'm a lefty that likes rights when I'm up in speed. But at slow speeds I feel very unstable turning right. Any one else fill the same?

My worst is a right turn from a stop. getting the right lean and throttle while resisting the urge to turn my handlebars is always a challenge. i tend to go wide if i'm not careful.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
That's something that we all have done.... ( especially in the beginning)

It will come to you. Just takes time.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
It's funny I'm a righty and I prefer right hand turns, even at Daytona I rather be in the horse shoes then the outer loop.

I do feel comfy on my left side but I think that maybe its my enviorment....
I do end up taking more right hand turns then lefts at home on the commute.

p.s. I have a long 100 mph sweeper on the way to my mother's house that I just love.... Any Orlando people know the new John Young exit ramp I'm talking about.

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I turn left and right equaly unless its from a stop, then the right handers are a little more uncomfortable. But I am getting used to it!

Bentley

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts
Easier left for me and I am a righty. I think the right is tougher because I feel like I am too high on the tank in a right and on a left my body naturally wants to lean that way. Think about your body posistion if your having trouble with a right you will probally find your leaning more of your head than body in that turn. JMO

·
Registered
437 Posts
right from a stop is definately my most uncomfortable as well, which might have to do with the roads im riding, but it might just be me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts