Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, but sometimes when I see the more skilled riders change lane, they lean their bike as if they gonna drag knee and bring it back up right away.

Is it just the angle I am standing while watching them??

How is it done?

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
the faster i go, the harder i have to lean to change lanes quickly (and at 120, changing lanes quickly is very important since that's faster than slowing down) (i know, i know... spoken like a true A.H.). i dont' really pay attention to "my knee" but i do know it's never touched the ground in ANY turn, let alone a lane-change. i'd be willing to bet they're riding a little recklessly if nearly draggin knee changing lanes.

does 120mph = reckless if the freeway is clear?? :D

·
Prepare to Be Boarded yar
105 Posts
nah 120 on freeway is clean maybe not to t-1 but if he pulls you over just kick off his mirrors.. if your the only one around your only hurting yourself right? t1?

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
How are you guys doing triple digits? I can never get past 88mph for some odd reason...

52,014 Posts
Is it just me, but sometimes when I see the more skilled riders change lane, they lean their bike as if they gonna drag knee and bring it back up right away.

How is it done?
With a lot more exaggeration than necessary...

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I find the only time I need to lean during a lane change is when the pavement is uneven in a construction zone. Cutting at the uneven spot is safer than just merging over it and letting the bike squiggle...

·
Registered
448 Posts

How is it done?

If they are leaning way over just to change lanes then I would assume they are "less skilled" or possibly just riding dangerously. You dont need that much lean to change lanes.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am probably over-exaggerate, but when they lean/change lane, they do it at rather low speed. As in coming from a straight line and lean left into the left turn lane in an intersection.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Swerving is fun as hell. It's about the only fun thing to do in traffic in LA. I can get the bike over pretty far, but nowhere close enough to get a knee down. Doing that would be beyond excessive.

And remember what happens when we become excessive on our bikes on public roads? T-1 gets mad, we all agree with him, and someone's friends and relatives start spouting out i-told-you-so's

For the triple digit speeds on a clear highway, technically it's only illegal if an officer witnesses it, otherwise there is reasonable doubt that it happened and therefore cannot stand up in court. A legal reasoning to the "it's only illegal if you get caught" addage. But still in general it isn't recommended.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts