Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am now in the market for my first leather riding jacket. Any suggestions? Good deals? Obviously I am looking for a sale if possible. Looking to spend less than $350. I need a jacket that can keep me warm when my textile joe rocket cant. Please help!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've got a nice all black teknic. With lots of armor and a removable liner to stay warm

I think it's a 48/58
I'm 6foot 185 and it fits me great.
I'd let it go for 110 shipped!
Perfect condition. Never down. I bought a new dainese so this has been sitting in the closet collecting dust.
I can get pics tommorow if your interested.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a nice all black teknic. With lots of armor and a removable liner to stay warm

I think it's a 48/58
I'm 6foot 185 and it fits me great.
I'd let it go for 110 shipped!
Perfect condition. Never down. I bought a new dainese so this has been sitting in the closet collecting dust.
I can get pics tommorow if your interested.
Sendem over! I am 6 ft 2 and about 200 pounds so it may fit me too........

I have the ALpinestar SMK jacket. It's one of the best jackets they have. It has the GP pads in the shoulders and elbows which are the same ones used in their suits. You can get it on sale for under $300 right now. It's probably the best for the $$

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=340985146&store=&catId=&productId=prod1100409&leafCatId=&mmyId=
Looks good but how the hell do I figure out what size I need? I dont understand this 46 48 50 business. Fitment guide anyone?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know anything about this jacket? I like the way it looks......

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Looks good but how the hell do I figure out what size I need? I dont understand this 46 48 50 business. Fitment guide anyone?
Alpinestar jackets are generally all the same sizes. Go to a store and try them on. I am wearing an Alpinestar TZ-1 jacket. It's a little older but I love it. Not as big and padded as the new ones but not as heavy either.

-Ant.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the ALpinestar SMK jacket. It's one of the best jackets they have. It has the GP pads in the shoulders and elbows which are the same ones used in their suits. You can get it on sale for under $300 right now. It's probably the best for the $$

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=340985146&store=&catId=&productId=prod1100409&leafCatId=&mmyId=
I actually just found the same one even cheaper. really thinking about it.
http://www.cyclesector.com/ALPINESTARS_SMK_LEATHER_JACKET_p/astars-jacket-smk.htm

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
I have an all black A* MX1 for sale, bought it new last winter. $275 shipped size 48/58

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Just bought this jacket off of streetbiketrackgear.com for $169 shipped. Thanks a lot for the recommendation!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I got the jacket and I love it for the most part, but the collar is way too stiff in the back! It stops me from looking up past a certain point and its downright dangerous. I am actually thinking about having the back of the collar cut off...... Is this normal?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
So I got the jacket and I love it for the most part, but the collar is way too stiff in the back! It stops me from looking up past a certain point and its downright dangerous. I am actually thinking about having the back of the collar cut off...... Is this normal?
I don't have any problem with mine. Maybe you just gotta break it in a bit?

Edit: I am looking at mine, and the collar is folded in half pointing away from my neck. I guess from it breaking in it folded away and is fine now. It is a pretty tall collar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts