Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my new gear in. I am a bit undecided about the fitment of the pants. I previously had Astar apex pants in a size 30 that fit my legs perfect but were VERY snug in the waist and crotch (I'm a skinny tall guy). They were so tight in the waist and crotch that they would prevent me from being able to make a 90 degree angle between my leg and the bike. I could literally try and stick my leg out and it would look like I was stiff. I thought they would stretch over time, but after three track days and almost a full week of sweating in them at deals gap did nothing. But I crashed in them and they protected me well.

So with this new set of Astars track pants I ordered a size 32 so that i could get my leg out and down as needed. But now they fit me perfect in the crotch and waist but are VERY loose around the legs.

So my question is this as safety is my #1 concern. Do you thing the baggyness of these new 32's will be detrimental in a laydown. It seems that skin tight is ideal, but my body type doesn't allow this unless I get custom made pants.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
No experience here...but my instinct tells me youd be fine if you were to lay it down again...

My main line of thinking: Better to have something loose fitting there than nothing at all...:fact

·
Speedy Claxton
1,767 Posts
i think the most important thing would be that in the event of a get off the pants would stay on your body. as long as they fit well in the waist and arent at a risk of getting yanked off by the ground youll be good.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
you know, there are folks out there who can hem those track pants to give you a better fit in the legs.... for a nominal fee.... Just sayin...

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know, there are folks out there who can hem those track pants to give you a better fit in the legs.... for a nominal fee.... Just sayin...
That has crossed my mind. But trusting the stitching of some old lady in a hem shop kinda scars me. But for all I know, she (or he) may do a better job than Astars

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
That has crossed my mind. But trusting the stitching of some old lady in a hem shop kinda scars me. But for all I know, she (or he) may do a better job than Astars
I had my last suit modified and if anything it was stronger in that area. Just pick a quality leather person and you should be just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts