Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been wanting to do this for some time.Finally got around to it.Bought a perforated leather piece of 5ftx3ft on ebay.

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
nice
i did this as well the other day, just not perforated.
your driver seat looks like its not stretched as it should be, looks a little loose.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nice
your driver seat looks like its not stretched as it should be, looks a little loose.
Thats because i shaved the seat & i still need to pull the cover down a bit.Gotta let it stretch come & then maybe ill give another try.I also need to smooth the seat foam a bit more.Some of those are ridges not loose leather.The forward part is where the foam was cut down about 1.5in

I saw your posting with the red trim around the lamps & was noticed your seats too, plus the rock star can on the Rr reservoir.Is that an actual can?

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
hahah, yes it is.
i just cut the bottom and top off of it, and then just cut the side so i can shape it around. some double sided tape here and there and viola you got a can there :)

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty much, but the last 1/32 inch or so.They are 3/8 x 10mm staples.I tapped in some of them the rest of the way, but it wasnt really necessary.Since i could just feel the tip as is when i push way down on the foam.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
passenger seat looks perfect, drivers needs some work. looking nice tho

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i know.I may just get another seat cushion & start over.Smoothing out the foam after shaving it is alot of work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts