Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some gorilla stands off amazon for 70 bucks and they seem pretty sturdy for the money. Anyway its getting winter and i was wondering if you all leave your bike on your stands all winter or will it weakin the stand doing this bad? Thanks

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
normally, mine's on stands, too. but i figure since it's on shit oem tires right now, it doesn't make much difference. they will be quickly replaced in the spring...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
i seee, my front triple tree stand hits the horn i think, and every time i remove it there's a dent on the rubber part, so i see that it puts pressure on it, also my front brake cable tightens up a lot, cause i guess it gets in the way of it..so there seems to be pressure on the brake line..

is that bad?

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
i seee, my front triple tree stand hits the horn i think, and every time i remove it there's a dent on the rubber part, so i see that it puts pressure on it, also my front brake cable tightens up a lot, cause i guess it gets in the way of it..so there seems to be pressure on the brake line..

is that bad?
um, yeah, that's bad. your stands should cause none of those problems...

s3aturnr

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts

is that bad?
Stands shouldn't be touching your bike at all.

As a side note, for winter storage.. Are the triple tree stands better or just from the fork?
Compressed forks or uncompressed during winter?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
I left my r6 on milk crates for a whole winter one time.. :laugh

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
that what stands are for man. to leave the bike on them. beats the hell out of flat spots on your tires from letter her sit too long.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts

is that bad?
I have the PitBull Newfront Stand and the horn from my '05 R6 hit the rubber on the bar all the time. I didn't mind it though...and my R1 doesn't do this. As for your brake line...:wtf I'm kind of confused there.

Stands shouldn't be touching your bike at all.

As a side note, for winter storage.. Are the triple tree stands better or just from the fork?
Compressed forks or uncompressed during winter?
Good question...anyone??
:popcorn: Never thought about this...

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
since CA is over due for a big earth quake, i always lock my bike in the baxley wheel chock and use the rear stand when i don't ride it. that wheel chock is the best at holding the bike down and preventing it from rocking. :)

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
since CA is over due for a big earth quake, i always lock my bike in the baxley wheel chock and use the rear stand when i don't ride it. that wheel chock is the best at holding the bike down and preventing it from rocking. :)
Thankfully, that's not a concern of mine here! :toocool:

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
my last bike was on stands for 6 months before R&R, and my 03 will be on stands in about 2 1/2 weeks for 2 months.....and i used some cheap stands

1 - 19 of 19 Posts