Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Leds on our bikes, whos got pics?

4K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  AnthonyF 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I know I'ma hear oh thats ghey or squiddy but who's got their bike llit up? I was riding with a group of guys this weekend and they all had their bikes lit. Looks so cool, like fireflies cuttin though traffic with each a different color red, green, blue, yellow. How would I do it and lot make it look cheesy. Mind you these guys had custom paint and chrome, even a chrome gas tank.

#4 ·
Here is mine, I have 364 leds..FOR NOW. More to come this winter. Hiding the LED's is VERY hard, eventually some will be shown from certain angles. Hiding the wires is MUCH harder and takes a lot of time to do it properly.

(looked for pics but no updated ones..here's a vid I made with only about 320 LED's blaring.

-Ant.

#19 ·
Here is mine, I have 364 leds..FOR NOW. More to come this winter. Hiding the LED's is VERY hard, eventually some will be shown from certain angles. Hiding the wires is MUCH harder and takes a lot of time to do it properly.

(looked for pics but no updated ones..here's a vid I made with only about 320 LED's blaring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6W2u2oRqLs

-Ant.
hey ant, did your bike come with the euro hazard>? or did you do it yourself? if so where to buy and how much?

#6 ·
Shoot me a PM, I've got a ton of LED's and I can show you where to hide them all, and recommend which ones to use and how to run them so you dont see anything!

#8 ·
cool thanks, Ima try to take some pics of what ive done so far. Could be brighter though but I dont want wires of leds to show. I couldnt wait and just got some leds from pepboys :dunce:.

I know what you mean about the hiding of the wires. It looks like the bike is on fire from inside lol.

#7 ·
sweet mod.

#9 ·
I'll try to post pics tonight after work, i only have about 70 and they look a lot brighter than some of these other ones. Been posted on here many times before but check out Joe-Florida. He has a site and sales on ebay, options for many colors and led setups as well as a remote fob for optional flash rates and misc.

#15 · (Edited)
Mine are probably the brightest out there, but crappy camera and just barely past daylight videoing doesn't help. I have the superchip LED's from Oznium.
See thats what im lookin to do but not be able to see the strips in the back or the one in the front. Plus my bike is black so all that light i being sucked up and not reflected like the other color bikes.:mad:
Like I said, on EVERY bike you will be able to see the LED's at certain angles. You can't 100% hide everything.

-Ant.

#10 ·
I even stuck one up in the air intake while I had the front apart doing the projector/halo mod! It looks nuts!!!

#11 ·
I've got Orange to match my bike. Six flexible strips with a remote with different settings. It's hard to hide the strips, but it is very possible. Mine are all hidden and the wiring wasn't that hard, but you have to put some thought into how you run the wires. I'll post some pics later.

#16 ·

Joe Florida's LED lights.

#21 ·
#33 · (Edited)
Scubacat, heres the link to the DIY LED headlight.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116566

Had my done n the a couple LED bulbs went out coz it was copping too much pressure between the headlight n noise cone fairing. Have the LED tuck in abit rather than squeezing the entire strip. Just do it urself, its not hard job.

ChinoRi6er, thats a very sharp white of your bike. Hope u dont mind if I steal some of your idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.