Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, pretty new to this forum and I know this is a repetitive topic but I still can't find what I'm looking and would love some help. I have an 07 R6s and I'm finally looking to ditch the mudflap on the back. Are there any good kits out there with blinker brackets that will allow me to keep the stock turn signals, but also come with a license plate light? I like the yoshimura kit and the new evotech kit but I can't find them for my bike (or the '03-'05 model). The listed criteria is important because cops up here are pretty strict about aftermarket kits.
Another thing that may be helpful is knowing if any of the other R6 models or R1's have the same holes on the undertail and if their kits would be compatible...

Any help would be much appreciated. Pics would be great too. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
ebay is your friend. Find one with an LED light and as long as your indicators are 9 inches apart, it should be legal. Get one that bolts to the existing spot under the tail. If you get one that goes in front of the tire, it won't be legal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you've perfectly described what I want. Not sure that it exists though. Ideally, I would also like a bar of LEDs (as opposed to the single LED or the LED screws). Anyone have any idea if other bikes' kits would be compatible? For instance, could a kit for a newer R6 or even like something as random as an new Zx10 fit my R6s?

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I have the competition Werks one that attaches to the rear hugger in front of the rear tire...havent been hassled in 22k miles so far...but I know its not legal.

When I first got my bike...I ebayed a kit that came with a plate light, blinkers and bracket that bolted in the stock location...

~$30 er somethin...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts