Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a set of race rails installed on my bike and I'm wondering if I will pass tech inspection with them installed

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I don't see why not. Inspections differ by state and country so your best bet is to either look up what is needed to pass inspection or call your shop that is doing the inspection.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I don't see why not. Inspections differ by state and country so your best bet is to either look up what is needed to pass inspection or call your shop that is doing the inspection.
He's probably talking about track day or race org tech inspection, not DMV vehicle inspection. :)

OP-
I can't imagine a track day organization giving you a problem for it. Track day rules are generally pretty lax. I've seen a dude on a furred stunt bike with rear hand brake at a track day. You should be good to go with race rails.

I wouldn't think it would be a problem for racing either, but you should look in the rulebook for your club and make sure.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
i've been to probably over a hundred track days and never once have seen a set of race rails go thru tech. i'm interested to find out what they say...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Not sure if leaving that on the bike might be a great idea. In a case of a crash, the rails sticks out quite a bite. Might cause you bike to flip and do more damage. Usually on the track is actually best not to have sliders, but if you do try to do short pucks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice guys! I guess I will reach out to the track and see what they have to say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts