Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have revo 2 full system and the entire canister tip becoming yellow from inside to the outside leads to cheap looking lol :rocket, its not the first carbon fiber i've own real carbon never turn yellow right? what do guys think on this with 1,000 miles later talk to me please!!!

Attachments

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Have you tried wiping it? Could be exhaust deposits.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks! i did with good amount of rubbing compound but still... I'm more concern on the outside tip that becomes yellow overtime i got love with my full system except this part! carbon+yellow don't go well together in old book, wonder if others experience the same?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
ITll do that from the heat and sun. Not much you can do about it. Its like proof you ride.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
UV rays from the sun will turn it yellow over time

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Two Bro's turned yellow on me, to the point I want to get a new one. But this is what I found on the TwoBro's website.

Carbon Fiber Mufflers:
Always make sure the fiberglass packing inside is in
good condition and not burned out, as exhaust heat inside an empty canister
will deteriorate the Carbon Fiber sleeve. TBR sells repack kits (TBR part # 005-
1003 that include new rivets and repack material as well as a drill bit (#30),
making it easy to do yourself. Also, NEVER dyno test your bike with carbon
fiber mufflers installed - the intense heat and lack of cooling air can quickly
cause the CF material to burn. Two Brothers Racing does not provide a warranty
for burned carbon fiber.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
My Two Bro's turned yellow on me, to the point I want to get a new one. But this is what I found on the TwoBro's website.

Carbon Fiber Mufflers:
Always make sure the fiberglass packing inside is in
good condition and not burned out, as exhaust heat inside an empty canister
will deteriorate the Carbon Fiber sleeve. TBR sells repack kits (TBR part # 005-
1003 that include new rivets and repack material as well as a drill bit (#30),
making it easy to do yourself. Also, NEVER dyno test your bike with carbon
fiber mufflers installed
- the intense heat and lack of cooling air can quickly
cause the CF material to burn. Two Brothers Racing does not provide a warranty
for burned carbon fiber.
:bowroll

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dont get it tho. It says to never dyno with it on. But wouldnt like a day of riding your bike in a hot summer heat cause more heat on the exhaust than a dyno run would??

·
Rad Ass
333 Posts
I dont get it tho. It says to never dyno with it on. But wouldnt like a day of riding your bike in a hot summer heat cause more heat on the exhaust than a dyno run would??
Two brothers exhausts should NEVER be dyno'd. They should be used during high school parking lot wheelies, red light rev-limit bumps, and freeway top speed runs ONLY.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Carbon Fiber Mufflers:...
...lack of cooling air...
There is no air moving past it on a dyno to cool it.

I get your point though; it's stupid. So what do they expect you to do, just keep a spare stainless steel can laying around for when you go to the dyno?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts