Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so i got my full exhaust and pcv installed at the same time, now i noticed that whenever i start it up in the morning it doesnt turn on right away it takes a try or 2 for it to turn on...does this have something to do with the pcv?? hope this makes sense

thanks!

·
yarrrrrrrg 6
99 Posts
u need to install block-off plates too for best results and a dyno tune :fact, maybe its coz of no block off plates?? not sure tho'
i just got a used leo vince full exhaust in great shape from the local shop, what are these block off plates you speak of and whats the significance?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm having the same problem! Riding my bike all winter and I feel like I'm killing my starter trying to turn the bike over two or three tomes before it keeps running. I store bike in a garage with no heat. Full TBR exhaust, juice box fuel adapter. I read the above link forum and still don't understand what exactly block offs do... Can someone clarify? Also, what else could be causing this?

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
OP, post up a screen shot of the map youre running...

Jstilly...same thing, post up an image of the map...

Plus, depending on what map youre running and when it was made (i.e. temperatures, altitude...etc.) having a large deviation in those parameters from when it was made will have an effect on how your bike runs/starts...

Also, when my air filter was dirty, mine had issues with hot starting, not cold starting

None the less, post up images of the maps and we'll see if the problem could be there

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I'm running the noon version of a PVC. The TBR juice box cones pre-programmer bit is adjustable. The only thing I can do is add more fuel based on oddly or overall RPM. Would adding more fuel to idle make a difference.

Note: no map to post unless you want a draw down on my noob LED settings

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Well I'm running the noon version of a PVC. The TBR juice box cones pre-programmer bit is adjustable. The only thing I can do is add more fuel based on oddly or overall RPM. Would adding more fuel to idle make a difference.

Note: no map to post unless you want a draw down on my noob LED settings

From what I've read and heard, the juice box is a POS, try to get a power commander III or V or a Bazzaz Z-fi, a lot easier to tune with those two, all you need is a computer to tune those.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Check our firmware. Go to VIEW - Device info. Make sure you have 1.4.0. If not update it. We did have a problem with early firmware that caused a hard start issue.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i cant acess the map right now, but i bought the PCV from motomummy 2 weeks ago and asked if they can upload the map for me so yeah....so im almost positive its up to date...right??..lol

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Not necessarily. Most of the PC units are set with a standard firmware. It is user responsibility in most cases to update. That is why in the instructions it usually says to check for updates. Firmware stuff comes out randomly and not always in tune with production. So when making the parts most factories will use the standard firmware program for ease and less confusion.

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
My 07 + full system ran fine with the smog stuff intact and without (ie smog plates), I am guessing the throttle position may need to be zeroed or that the map is just flunky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts