Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wassup guys planning on buying an exhaust system soon but still undecided on which exhaust I want for my bike. Just wanted to know your guys input on which exhaust would go best for my 07 R6v. I'm deciding on a Leo Vince, Termignoni, or Akrapovic? So yeah I appreciate the help.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Asking for the best is asking for everyones opinion. opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one...

Mine would be that Leo is the best, but thats because i am bias and havent tried any other brands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Out of all the 6's I ride with my Termignoni has the best sound coupled with a new midpipe of course. My bud's Leo also is nice. The povics I've seen aren't bad either. Like everyone else said though it really is a matter of opinion. I'm biased on sound so i went Termignoni after hearing one on another 6.

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
Uummmmm..I have to agree with Nvkrawler..I have the Leo Vince to!!

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Termignoni. Im bias too. I need to send out my header to MJS though and it will change a ton.

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Out of all the 6's I ride with my Termignoni has the best sound coupled with a new midpipe of course. My bud's Leo also is nice. The povics I've seen aren't bad either. Like everyone else said though it really is a matter of opinion. I'm biased on sound so i went Termignoni after hearing one on another 6.

+1. Termi with the MJS header. Leo Vince is also bad ass :werd

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
Two brothers.... i know it aint on the list, but its my opinion. haha

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Whatever you decide to buy man just go with a full system, you'll be a lot more satisfied than a slip on

I got a full akra race system on mine

·
Registered
88 Posts
+2 on the Termi, but with an 05 header. Pulled 124 (real hp) with termi, 05, header, bmc, and pcIII. Of course it was tuned by GP bikes in melbourne florida where they do nothing but squeeze out every once of horsepower from every bike they tune. Before the pcIII, filter header and tune, it pulled 114 with just the termi slipon. The sound is bad ass, and thanks again NVK for selling me the header.

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
+2 on the Termi, but with an 05 header. Pulled 124 (real hp) with termi, 05, header, bmc, and pcIII. Of course it was tuned by GP bikes in melbourne florida where they do nothing but squeeze out every once of horsepower from every bike they tune. Before the pcIII, filter header and tune, it pulled 114 with just the termi slipon. The sound is bad ass, and thanks again NVK for selling me the header.

Don't mean to call you out, but how did you gain 8whp just by adding a slip-on?? A bone stock '06-'07 R6 puts out about 106 to the wheel.... :popcorn:

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
No prob man!

He did the Termi Slip mounted on the striaght 2005 header then finished it with the filter and tune, the tun itself will get you about 3-5 hp

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
all of those are nice exhausts. I would probably lean towards the leo, it produces a good amount of hp, plus sounds really good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thats ok, call me out. Whats your email? Ill send you the dyno sheets. Havent had a change to get them online somewhere so i can post them. Nvk, do you want to post them for me if i email them to you?

·
My R6 ate my homework
550 Posts
I say Termi myself....but I am running the same set up as veedub. I am pulling 111.2 HP with a horrible tune right now. She is running rich above 8K but as soon as my bmc filter comes in with my block off plates she will be getting a custom tune. :YEA

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is for the non believes in here.

Before: just with a Termi slipon

After: termi slipon, 05 header, Bmc filter, pcIII, and custom tune

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
Hey SCedTitan,

I didn't realize you had an '08 R6. Those are putting out at least 108hp bone stock so I definitely believe you now. Nice lookin' dyno sheets!! :YEA Wanna tune my bike too??

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have a 07, that is the date on the top of the dyno sheets. Those were on a "no bullshit" load dyno.

Oh, if you are ever in the melbourne florida are, im sure they guys at GP BIKES would be more than happy to get you the same gains as mine. They are awesome, and wont stop till they are satisfied. They actually surprised themselves with my bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts