Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chicks Dig Scars
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the site been down or have i been shunned? I've been super busy and couldn't find time to check any forums now I'm trying to get on and i keep getting a "server is taking to long to respond" type of error. i know there's something wrong on my end but i can't figure it out. i can literally get on to any other web site or forum out there except this site , r6messagenet.com, r6.com, r6central.com, r6network.com, and basically any site with "R6" in the address. can an admin email me so i can figure this out? a PM or a post here will be pointless because i can't get to the site to see it. my email in my profile is updated so please please help me out. i don't care much about the other R6 sites just this one but I'm sure once i get this one fixed the rest will follow.

for the smart asses out there, I'm on the site now from work. we're not suppose to use these kinds of websites at work. it's instant termination but i just put my 2 weeks in so screw em. what r they gonna do...fire me? also I'm sorry for posting this in general but I've been gone so long i don't know who's admin or not. please help.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
I'm not sure how it is you can access the site at work, but not at home. Something tells me it's something local to your home system.

·
Chicks Dig Scars
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure how it is you can access the site at work, but not at home. Something tells me it's something local to your home system.

(still at work)

yea thats what i was thinking. but i havn't changed anything at all with my network at home plus this network here sucks so i'm boggled.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
all I know is that I can access from home, or any where else with no problems. When me, or even my boss try to log on, we get nothing.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Try install another browser. Like Firefox or Safari. Then seen if the forum works. That will tell you if it is an IE issue.

·
Chicks Dig Scars
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try install another browser. Like Firefox or Safari. Then seen if the forum works. That will tell you if it is an IE issue.
i thought of that yesterday, didn't work. it's got to be something with my computer. i typically use FireFox so i tried it with IE and it didn't work. then i decided to dump my ISP all together and tethered my blackberry to my laptop and that didn't work. the absolute weird thing is i can access the site on my blackberry directly but not when it's tethered to my laptop it doesn't work.

so it's not my ISP, i really don't think it's this forum since i can't get on to any R6 forum but the weird thing is i can get onto other car forums I'm with, and it's not my browser, what else is there? computer guys...help!!

this is my last day at work, please...

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
try restoring your computer back to when u knew it worked.....

·
Chicks Dig Scars
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
try restoring your computer back to when u knew it worked.....
that will be hard. i bought this computer in december and the last time i tried to access this site was long before december. i tried to get on about 2 weeks ago and started getting these errors. that and i tried to use the system restore before to fix a different issue and i kept getting a disk error message.

if i can get a few co-signs that it's the computer and not this server or my network then i'll be fine. i just ordered a new computer that should be here in a week or two. after today i just wont be seen again for a couple weeks.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
your woman (if you have one) probably got in the router and blocked this site since it sounds like your obsessed with it lol.

·
Chicks Dig Scars
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
your woman (if you have one) probably got in the router and blocked this site since it sounds like your obsessed with it lol.
lol...you know, that might just be possible.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Do you have problems accessing any other web sites? Or just the R6-Forum web site? I might have you PM me your number and I will call and walk you through your system so I can see what's going on.

·
Chicks Dig Scars
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have problems accessing any other web sites? Or just the R6-Forum web site? I might have you PM me your number and I will call and walk you through your system so I can see what's going on.
i can get on to all other sites i try to access. i have broadband so they load up pretty quickly. i only have trouble with r6-forum.com, r6messagenet.com, r6.com, r6central.com, and r6network.com. the weird part is r6central.com will load but not all the links work. i can't register, or view much on the forums. for all these site i just mentioned I'm getting the same "server is taking to long to respond" error.

it's just weird that my blackberry can get onto this site but when i tether it to my computer i get "server is taking to long to respond". that eliminates my isp, router, and the server right there. then i thought maybe it's a firewall issue but i never added these site to any kind of block list. i actually never even hear of r6central.com until i did a search for forum cause i couldn't get on here. plus i would assume I'd see some kind of "site blocked" message from Micro trend. idk, i would appreciate the help. i ordered the new computer 2 weeks ago and dell still has it "in production" so i might finally get it after the next millennium. I'll drop you a pm with my number, I'm avail pretty much all day tomorrow since...that's right... you guessed it...TODAY IS MY LAST DAY!

I'm sorry, i hate my job, hands down worst job I've ever had, i had a better experience in the hospital after my high speed wreck, I'm so excited to leave, it's party time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts