Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
track junkie
470 Posts
thats awsome, but yours is a 2002 or it has 2002 fairings. 01 had a red lower. I like the powder coat wheels, looks good.

Attachments

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
There's a thread for this.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Yeah, we're dicks. Nice bike. Lovin' them rims.

·
The original R6!
1 Posts
Nice ride! It's great to know people are still showing these great bikes some love! I've had mine since it was new and can't seem to detatch myself from it. Just did a complete engine and trans overhaul a few years ago. did some port work and replaced the shit trans gears with the 05 model gears and what a difference! Happy riding!

Attachments

·
track junkie
470 Posts
I wasn't try'in to be a dick. may have just came off wrong. it's just all those craigslist ads you see over the years where people don't know the year of their bike. cause they're look'in at the date the bike was built and shipped out not the date on the title. after I typed it I noticed it did have a bit of mix of fairings.

·
she already got me broke
168 Posts
Nice ride! It's great to know people are still showing these great bikes some love! I've had mine since it was new and can't seem to detatch myself from it. Just did a complete engine and trans overhaul a few years ago. did some port work and replaced the shit trans gears with the 05 model gears and what a difference! Happy riding!
that`s the most beautiful bike i ever seen. :eek5

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I wasn't try'in to be a dick. may have just came off wrong. it's just all those craigslist ads you see over the years where people don't know the year of their bike. cause they're look'in at the date the bike was built and shipped out not the date on the title. after I typed it I noticed it did have a bit of mix of fairings.
So the year on the frame was the year bike was built but not actually the yr of the model?

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
So the year on the frame was the year bike was built but not actually the yr of the model?
yes. an 08' model can be built in aug 07. They usually put out new models in the fall the year before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts