Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a suit and I've narrowed it down to two. I was hoping to hear some feedback from some taller/lankier guys like myself to see which one to go with. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere local to try them both.

I'm 6'2", 180lbs, and wear a 32/34 pant, even though my waist is more like a 30 or 31. Anyone with a similar build have experience with either of these suits? I would also be using back and chest protection underneath the suit, which could play a part in fitting.

RS Taichi GP-WRX R303

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=12994

Dainese Laguna Seca Evo P. Estiva

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=33917

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on doing that before I place my order with them, but I wanted to get some feedback from people on here first.

·
make the snow go away!!
215 Posts
My friend uses a taichi two piece and he loves it. He has a longer torso to leg length and my dainese is really tight in the crotch on him but we are both 6 feet and 190 to 200 pounds.
I love the look of dainese more but they are both great quality. You'd be happy with either one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a TAICHI suit and LOVE it. I have had 3 different suits in the past and this by far the best. They have 2 different sizing charts, one for 'Americans' and another which is Japanese that is more slender of a cut for someone like yourself. I had the same issue with outher suits that were big enough for my 6' 3" height were baggy in the midsection. the Japanese sizing they offer fits like a glove everywhere includuing the midsection just like a custom suit would fit

·
Hey...watch this
574 Posts
Let me make it more difficult for you. Look at the Cortech Adrenaline suit. I shopped it to death and this is the best suit for the $$$. STG has a video review on their web site.

·
King of the Hopeless
149 Posts
I own and have crashed in a Dainese Laguna Seca Pro Perf. I pushed the front too hard, low sided, slammed head first into the ground and then slid along the ground for about thirty feet and slammed into an embankment. Suit held up.

I am 6.05 165 lean and fit into the Dainese suit well. Either suit will fit slim people. I know a couple of people who have an RS and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one. I just wanted something a little more plain - so I went with the Dainese.

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
I love my Dainese Laguna Seca Pro suit and it's been down twice and you couldn't tell. I also own a RS Taichi leather jacket so you really can't go wrong with either choice. I also have to say I love the D Tec system with the Dainese suit. I love not having to tuck in my suit in my boot

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
I have that exact Taichi suit and I love it. The fitment on it is slender/athletic so if you have a few extra pounds on your stomach it will be tight. Other wise it's awesome. it's my second Taichi suit, with superior quality and it looks outstanding on top of that. Can't go wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It will partially come down to the fit you are after. One measurement I am missing in your info in the OP is your chest size which really helps me determine what to put you in. Shoot me a call when you have some time and I will go over that with you. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i think you're better off getting an arlen ness on closeout. better suit - imo - and WAY cheaper price. there's a reason MOST of the wss and moto2 guys run the arlen ness suits.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
RS-Tai Chi GP max. Fantastic suit! It's like you aren't wearing it at all. also crashed in it, one small patch the suit was good as new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts