Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in another section but had no luck getting help so im going to re-post it here.(hopefully thats allowed)Heres the post.

So im trying to save money and buy my brake pads online and when i look per my bike for example my front pads every brand looks different which makes no sense to me? Im afraid to order because although they all say front pads they all look like different fits. Please someone shed some light on this for me. I can attach a picture to show what im talking about if needed.

Now for my brake and clutch levers do I really need to spend the 180-200 for shorty levers or do the ones on ebay do the job just as good as the expensive sets and fit just as well? Also wondering the same for foot pegs are the ebay ones fine? Not looking for anything fancy ill want to order ones pretty similar to the stock ones just trying to minimize my bill this coming week at the shop. Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the brakes? I wasnt talking ebay brakes im talkin good brand brakes. Just dont understand how different brands look like different fits.

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,459 Posts
If you're ordering from a reputable dealer and they say that the brake pads should fit your bike, they should fit your bike. Or, you could get the part number for the pads from the manufacturer's website I suppose.

If you're trying to save money, don't waste it on levers. If you really think you need levers, then the ebay lever debate comes up about once every 3 days. Plenty of threads on it.

As far as foot pegs go, are you trying to replace just the stock foot peg, or the whole rearset? I'm not sure what the point would be to replacing just the foot peg rather than the whole rearset. I wouldn't trust any type of cheap foot peg or rearset considering the results could be pretty bad if one snapped on you.

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
Have you tried simply calling STG? They're a sponsor on here and can provide suggestions on brakes and levers. A simple pm to them and you're on your way.

I wouldn't waste $40 in ebay levers, save some cash and get the standard CRG or the sort. For around $130 you can get reputable levers.

Have you looked at EBC HH or the next step up to Vesrah RJL? Lastly, what's wrong w/ your stock pegs? If anything, get some woodcraft/vortex rearsets and be done w/ it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a long story but half of my right footpeg snapped off and from what ive seen i can only buy the pegs in a set. As far as the levers go ill just save my money for a good set.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Have you tried simply calling STG? They're a sponsor on here and can provide suggestions on brakes and levers. A simple pm to them and you're on your way.

I wouldn't waste $40 in ebay levers, save some cash and get the standard CRG or the sort. For around $130 you can get reputable levers.

Have you looked at EBC HH or the next step up to Vesrah RJL? Lastly, what's wrong w/ your stock pegs? If anything, get some woodcraft/vortex rearsets and be done w/ it.
I like where your head is at.

Spazzy, shoot me a call to discuss the options I have for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
usually with brake pads they don't show you the actual ones your getting. It not really an appearance part so ussually the picture is very general if it says it fits take their word for it. To be honest about the levers and pegs yes you get what you pay for but if your not tracking it some of the ebay stuff is fine. I have owned both. I had this set of levers on my old bike http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Brake-C...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19eb216e19&vxp=mtr to the untrained eye imo the difference was not worth the $250 more that i paid for my current set. Pegs are kind of a different story most the oem style replacement stuff on ebay is complete junk either buy oem from a dealer or spend atleast in the 40-50 range for aftermarket, or your pretty much guaranteed to get a worthless part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts