Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored at work today so I started thinking again on how to mount my license plate somewhere other than on the undertail. I have a micron high mount and was thinking I could maybe make a bracket to mount to the bottem of the exhaust bracket.

I design this little thingy and it looks like it would work pretty good. All I think I would have to do is drill two holes in the license and of course fabricate the bracket. What do you think?

·
Do Not Go Gentle...
42 Posts
sweet dude. i think it would work great. hook me up. nice design

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made the piece last night and it fits good I think i will paint it and round the corner a little bit. I'll try and post some pics as soon as I get it on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
that's been done already, my buddy with a GSXr 1000 has his plate mounted under his exhaust pipe. It looks pimp as hell, except if you're a track rider, kneedraggin will tear that plate right off.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I rounded the corners and bead blasted it, it's ready to paint. I think it's starting to look pretty good. I could have left as raw aluminum but I thought I would try and make it look as professional as possible.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's been done already, my buddy with a GSXr 1000 has his plate mounted under his exhaust pipe. It looks pimp as hell, except if you're a track rider, kneedraggin will tear that plate right off.
Actually I designed it so I can simply rotate it up against the exhaust can if i go to the track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts