Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
My R6 loves b!tc%$
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my new Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light which btw is badass, but now i have a bigger issue at hand. I have no bracket for my license plate. I have it ziptied with cardboard hanging from the oem bracket spot but i have no intention to keep it like that. What do you guys recommend, and is there a piece that will cover the oem bracket hole? Thanks

·
My R6 loves b!tc%$
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure

Before

After

Bolt holes that i want to cover and where the old bracket was hanging down

i kinda want to stuff the plate somewhere farther back closer to under the seat

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Dude...that is so rigged...

Look under your undertail, just above your rear hugger, theres two push pins that you can remove...remove them, put the pins in the 2 upper holes of your plate...then put the pins back in...then bend your plate down...

click on the link in my sig where it says ROTM winner and look at the pics if youre having trouble with what Im saying...

·
My R6 loves b!tc%$
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude...that is so rigged...

Look under your undertail, just above your rear hugger, theres two push pins that you can remove...remove them, put the pins in the 2 upper holes of your plate...then put the pins back in...then bend your plate down...

click on the link in my sig where it says ROTM winner and look at the pics if youre having trouble with what Im saying...
listen, desperate times call for desperate measures lol like i said....temporary, i even rigged a light up on there. i thought about those 2 bolts while i was tearing apart the bike lastnight. If i do that i gotta fold over the top of the plate right, but is that legal because then the state and registration sticker wouldnt show

·
My R6 loves b!tc%$
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just get a fender eliminator with license plate lights from fleabay for ~$35 and call it a day, and it'll make sure u r legal and never get pulled over.
link to said $35 fender eliminator, everyone i checked out on ebay was like $70

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
i like this one personally, cover the holes, and mounts the plate... two bired one stone. Sure other brands have one just like it.

·
carbon, carbon, carbon!!
861 Posts
sure

Before

After

Bolt holes that i want to cover and where the old bracket was hanging down

i kinda want to stuff the plate somewhere farther back closer to under the seat

:lmao

at best, you could've gone to home depot and looked for a piece of metal angle but card board is priceless.

get a fender eliminator

·
My R6 loves b!tc%$
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
only thing im concerned with is that folding the upper part of the plate is gonna block the az. i can move my registration sticker down but i dont wanna get pulled over for the state name being blocked and mounting the lights are gonna be fun

·
TopGearAmbitiousButRubish
2,233 Posts
only thing im concerned with is that folding the upper part of the plate is gonna block the az. i can move my registration sticker down but i dont wanna get pulled over for the state name being blocked and mounting the lights are gonna be fun
Yeah and the cops are for reals on plates out here. I have a LA plate and got stopped for no red reflector or white light.

Have you visited the Phoenix threads in the SW section?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts