Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ridin' dirty...
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to eliminate that fugly rear fender, and am in the process of putting on an aftermarket kit. In the process, I unplugged the rear light and was wondering if it will have any negative effect if I just left it unplugged? It looks kinda tacky plugged in, so I'd rather just leave it off (please, no lectures on how the cops will react to this). Is it a problem to just tuck the wires up under the tail (they still have the plastic connector pieces on the ends of course)...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. If you want, just put some black electrical tape on, so if something was to rub against it, nothing will short. I left mine the way it was, just zip tied it up to make it look cleaner.

·
Ridin' dirty...
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually ended up drilling the hole, and running the light through as per the directions. After much thought, I decided I'd rather not give Officer Squeals yet another reason to pull me over. ;)

Now I'm just curious if that lack of a housing for the bulb should be a concern or if it should be relatively waterproof? It didn't come w/ a new housing or anything, so I hope that isn't an issue...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts