Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if the license plate need to be lit up at night like a car does, legally or for inspection?? im not sure because mines not

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Yes.

·
My Power band is blue
2,344 Posts
Differs by state. Call somewhere that inspects bikes. Posting a question that pertains to state law on an international motorcycle forum sea like a waste of time. You could even google it. Also just so you know.,,,r6-forum.com is the best for legal info?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Ride around at night until you find a cop. Then get in front of him and see if he pulls you over.

·
Just lean harder...
888 Posts
You don't have to have a light only if your rear tail light illuminates the plate, only really possible on the 3rd gens with the correctly angled bracket. Or just pick up a plate frame with built in leds, but yes your plate has to be lit up.

·
Wannabe track addict
1,190 Posts
Ride around at night until you find a cop. Then get in front of him and see if he pulls you over.
Unless his headlights are off, my bet is won't happen. Unless of course you're being targeted for whatever reason.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Hahaha. Hey RC are you on pnwriders.com?
Indeed!

You don't have to have a light only if your rear tail light illuminates the plate, only really possible on the 3rd gens with the correctly angled bracket. Or just pick up a plate frame with built in leds, but yes your plate has to be lit up.
Depends on the state laws. Washington state requires that the light illuminating the plate is a white light.

·
wifey = R6
89 Posts
PA state law requires a white light illuminating the license plate. I put on LED screws to pass inspection last year.

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
PA state law requires a white light illuminating the license plate. I put on LED screws to pass inspection last year.
That's what I run on mine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I personally think that the Yoshimura fender eliminator looks the best on the R6, and it comes w/ some super bright LEDs to light up the license.

Only downside is that it is more costly than the average fender eliminator.

·
My Power band is blue
2,344 Posts
I personally think that the Yoshimura fender eliminator looks the best on the R6, and it comes w/ some super bright LEDs to light up the license.

Only downside is that it is more costly than the average fender eliminator.

And it has a giant ugly frame around it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Thanks for what? I don't see the relevant vehicle code for your state cited in this thread. All you got were people's opinions, guesses and anecdotes from various states.

If you have a question about what is, or is not legal, regarding equipment or operation of a vehicle, the only way that I trust to answer it is to find your state's laws and look it up. You mentioned PNW, are you in WA? Here's Title 46 of the Revised Code of Washington, dealing with Motor Vehicles: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?Cite=46 It can be a little bit of work to sift through the chapters and find the information you are looking for, but at least you know for sure it's the right answer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts