Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Touchdown!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the younger generation that will come after us, give them some heads up on what to expect from life and how to navigate it.

·
Touchdown!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say first and foremost, be truthful and honest within one's self. With that comes self-respect, and with self-respect, one should be able to look them self in the eyes using a mirror with confidence while not having to turn away. Don't follow the crowd because it's the thing to do - do it if you are a part of the crowd doing things in a positive light to better life. It's okay to be the different one as long as your intentions and goals are positive for you and us. It can be a very tough world, so grow thick skin. Set goals and achieve them. Plan your work, and then work your plan. Most, if not all of the time, if it comes easy, it's not going to last very long and be enjoyable. When you earn an honest buck to get what you want, you’ll appreciate it that much more - that I can validate. I'm sure many others can attest to it as well. DO NOT GO INTO MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF DEBT - it's another form of control and power. Have some fun when you have a few extra dollars to spare. If you can genuinely help someone without wanting nothing in return, the feeling is beyond imaginable - try it and see for yourself.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Life: LIVE IT!!!

Tomorrow is never guaranteed so don't wait for the "right time," the "best time, "when you're older," "next year" etc....If an opportunity comes along, take it, and don't settle. Live big, be kind, go for it, follow your dreams, don't let anyone dim your shine.

There was a moment in my life, I was about 25, I had just started riding and racing and I took the California Superbike School as a student and found out they were hiring coaches. I applied but was told I wasn't quite fast enough...and it was kind of a part time (not huge pay) gig that involved a lot of travel. At the same time I applied for a high up marketing position (way over my head) in a local company. The job paid well, had benefits, was secure and had long term prospects but it was Mon-Fri 9-5 with a commute, working in an office. I was offered the position and EVERYONE, my parents, boyfriend at the time, friends etc said it wan an amazing opportunity but something in my gut told me it wasn't right, that I wouldn't be happy.....and so despite what EVERYONE else thought, I turned it down. Literally the next day I got offered the coaching position, started coaching full time and supplementing my income with writing gigs for motorcycle magazines and suddenly I was living a dream life, working a dream job and loving every minute of it. The point is, that I could have taken the more logical, easier, safer, more secure route but I don't think I would have been happy with it....When I said no to that, so many more doors opened up and I couldn't imagine my life without coaching and travelling and riding motorcycles for a living!

So, just do it. Follow your passion, study, learn, live, challenge yourself, travel, stay fit, find good friends, let go of negativity in your life and go for it. :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
This should probably be updated from Wells Fargo to Deutsche Bank LoL. I always wondered why people have to be told not to fall for this stuff. Sometimes it's about catching the right person at the right time. Had one customer, an older lady, who had her bank account wiped out by one of these types of scammers. They sent her an email, claiming they needed to verify something or other 'click here to login' and you got where this is going. Since the funds went overseas the bank claimed they couldn't recover them. She's one that I'd consider to be savvy enough not to fall for something like that. But they got her early in the morning, on her meds and not quite clear-headed. In other words, they simply got to her at the right time.

You've heard about the scammers that call people's parents, exclaiming 'your son/daughter is in trouble' blah blah blah... basically playing on normal parental fears. They nearly got my Mom that way. Could've just called and asked me about it but never did; found out about it from Dad.

Their dialers are programmed to recognize answering machines. Was able to get their dialers to tie up a human by recording a radio talk show and playing it back. A program called https://www.phonetray.com/ was used to pickup on only certain calls. Wild cards were used to defeat their semi-random # BS. These days, 99% of people that even still have a modem and a landline, will have a fax modem. A voice/fax modem is needed for the program. (if it just says "modem" then it will only do fax - https://www.amazon.com/s?k=voice+fax+modem)

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I like the guys on youtube that wipe out their computers using trojans and viruses they trick the scammers into clicking on. in team viewer you can delete their files without them going to the recycling bin. there is one guy I cant remember his name, that blocks them from seeing what he is doing or stopping him, and downloads all of their files to give to local authorities and governments so they can crack down on these guys.

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,137 Posts
Born Rich? If yes, you'll be fine. If no, just give up before you start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts