Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
I vote Harbor Freight trailer like some others have mentioned.
Here is mine from about 2 months ago when I finally got it the way I wanted and took it to Deal's Gap. It's the 4'X8'

thats a paradox if ive ever seen one.
First you have a whole bed in the back of your truck to fit that bike and plenty of gear...securely.

Ahh the luxury of not having to register a trailer every year, pay extra fees in Il on over priced tolls every 20 miles for one extra axle, finding space, maintenance year on the trailer

I hate those things for anything other than pit transportation. A solid one of those assemblies is over $500 PLUS a securely mounted receiver... more than a basic 5 x whatever trailer. On a 500lb bike... forget it. I laugh when I see those on pickup trucks.
Like putting a sun roof on a convertible.
Then there is the additional capacity.

·
4,811 Posts
I checked out Lark's website and they didn't have anything like that. I'll have to look at some other companies' sites to try and do that!
Lark is sold through dealers or factory direct. Obviously if you buy through a dealer they are going to charge you a transport fee and a markup.

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
thats a paradox if ive ever seen one.
First you have a whole bed in the back of your truck to fit that bike and plenty of gear...securely.
Not really. I've done it that way before and since I do this stuff alone it's a lot easier on me to use my trailer since it tilts. It's easier than trying to balance the bike and get it into the truck on a ramp.

·
4,811 Posts
Not really. I've done it that way before and since I do this stuff alone it's a lot easier on me to use my trailer since it tilts. It's easier than trying to balance the bike and get it into the truck on a ramp.
gonna have to disagree with ya there. Ive loaded lots of bikes and driven thousands of miles in a ranger with no issues. Given the choice between a seperate trailer and the security of a truck bed... the truck bed is easier to load with the proper equipment.

Plus I wouldnt trust the chock you are using to hold the bike securely.

The whole point of transporting your bike is to minimize damage risk. Bumper pulling a $200 trailer is creating more opportunity for damage than not. ;)

·
"MEA R6"
161 Posts
I have a full sized pick up truck but I have a tonneau cover. Now there is a dilemma. Where would you put the tie downs? I've never trailered or tied down my motorcycle but I know that you could blow out the forks...

·
4,811 Posts
I have a full sized pick up truck but I have a tonneau cover. Now there is a dilemma. Where would you put the tie downs? I've never trailered or tied down my motorcycle but I know that you could blow out the forks...
every truck Ive owned or driven over the past 20yrs has had ample anchor points. Ive had tonneau covers too. Even the 1 piece fiberglass ones unbolt real easy.

There are a number of ways to securely transport a bike without damage...
http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Chocks.html
http://www.pit-bull.com/trailer-restraint-types.shtml
http://www.canyondancer.com/

just a few options.

Forks arent blowing out with proper loading/chocking. Loading correctly will allow your bikes suspension to move slightly.

And if youre on a budget... you can build a secure, portable wheel chock out of 2x4 scraps and save your lunch money for a week to buy a canyon dancer and a pack of quality tie straps. You can also make a budget ramp with a $15 kit from northern tool and a $9 piece of lumber.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts