Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you dont know this already? You can pick up a "CRV" 4mm to 12mm hex, torx, & spline in 30mm & 50mm long tool kit for around $10 delivered, & combine the short 30mm long, 6mm hex bit with a 10mm ratchet spanner & you'll have access to every fork clamp bolt without pulling anything off, except to drop off the front wheel, on the R6 to do so. At worse you may have to lose a leaver clamp a couple of degrees. Photos show tool kit & free access~
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Blue Gas Electric blue Machine Auto part

Azure Gas Electric blue Font Tool

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,534 Posts
Got any better descriptions of that tool kit? That kit doesn’t show up in any searches. Most are sockets, or have a 1/4” (6mm) shank size, not the 10mm one you have.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,582 Posts
Yeah, I too am curious of this 10mm / 3/8 shank set for certain situations.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Torque spec for them bolts is really really low. I'd like to be able to fit a torque wrench down there. Don't think I can...

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,582 Posts
I use my 3/8 drive allens / 250in-lb wrench for torque'n the front end bits.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got any better descriptions of that tool kit? That kit doesn’t show up in any searches. Most are sockets, or have a 1/4” (6mm) shank size, not the 10mm one you have.
Look Online for metric hex, torx kits, & these will pop up on the listings. As i know you guys grew up on imperial, where me on metric, where I forget these terms do trip up some, which isn't intentional. But don't you US service guys get tought metric? Also that sweet, & sometimes scare the crap of ya R6, comes from the land of metric.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Torque spec for them bolts is really really low. I'd like to be able to fit a torque wrench down there. Don't think I can...
If Ya ya don't trust ya feel for torque'n it in the M6 fork clamps?, Ya can use a 10mm crow foot spanner where with limited space? The 1/4" torque wrench is the go for that job. Photo shows a crow foot spanner, where this 10mm crow foot is a 3/8" drive, but you get the idea of one in 1/4" drive for the smallest torque wrench that will have good clearance to spec torque em all up!
Font Technology Auto part Fashion accessory Metal

Rectangle Adapter Fashion accessory Adapter Electric blue

Plastic Rectangle Fashion accessory Auto part Electronics accessory

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just double checked the order i made on ebay, = Just put in the search for "HEX BITS TOOL KIT" & you'll get the listings that I have ~ a 'CRV', Metric, 4mm to 12mm, hex, torx, & spline bits tool kit.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,534 Posts
Apparently this particular set isn’t available on this side of the planet. As I said, I can find hex bits that are sockets, or are for a 1/4” hex drive, but I can’t seem to find the 10mm hex drive that you have there. Bummer. That’s what I really like about the kit you have.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"MATE"? I didn't realise, in the land of the brave & the free, your online listings seem to hold off a lot on metric tool set's? With your reply's hinting this towards me. Sorry "Lad's", i didn't realise metric kit's acess is as hard to get, as get'n in to your skull & bones club? But they still do have a tiny bit of imperial in em! As the kit come's with 3/8" & 1/2" drive socket adaptors.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,534 Posts
"MATE"? I didn't realise, in the land of the brave & the free, your online listings seem to hold off a lot on metric tool set's? With your reply's hinting this towards me. Sorry "Lad's", i didn't realise metric kit's acess is as hard to get, as get'n in to your skull & bones club? But they still do have a tiny bit of imperial in em! As the kit come's with 3/8" & 1/2" drive socket adaptors.
Yeah, metric kits aren’t hard to come by. It’s the 10mm shank that’s not common. I’m jealous. That’d be handy.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,582 Posts
Let's not start the SAE is better then metric debate. Searches are regional as far as vendor shipping to country lists, etc. Or could be that 1/4(6.3MM) is the most common bit hex here. 5/16 is used for impact driver hardened bits of phillips and standard (slot) heads. I have never seen 10MM drive in my life of tool purchase and use/ exploring friends specialized tools.

Just looked again and nothing 10MM to be found.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts