Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was looking at seat cowls on ebay and i noticed that the liquid silver ones wre only for 04 bikes, i know that they will go on an 03 so i dont see why they arent listed for 03's and 04's. does anyone know why this is? im pretty sure they are the same color

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
I think because the '04 had that liquid silver limited edition with flames, similar to the '03 limited, only silver. But I would think that the '03 silver and '04 would be darn close if not the same. But if anything, get the cowl, and have it painted with your specific paint code.

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
No, the black with red flames was the limited scheme in '03, but they also had a black and silver scheme in '03 as well as the blue. But in '04 their limited scheme was liquid silver with black flames. So I was thinking that the '04 limited silver is or should be close to the silver they had in '03.

·
Zonly1
802 Posts
Okay! to clear this up. I have a 03 liquid silver. The 03 and 04 are the same color in silver. The 03 black and red were limited in numbers but the silver was only made in 03 as in my version, so it is limited also. The 04 Silver "ugly" in flames was limited in numbers and was the only silver R6 made in 04. The colors are the same but you will notice a difference "with a keen eye" since your bike has been exposed to the sun and the seat has not. To anyone else they will not notice. hopes this helps Ciao!

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i knew theyd look diferent because one is faded i just wondered why they only list the cowls for 04's and not 03's, its almost like these companies forgot there was a silver bike in 03, whatever, as long as its the rite color i dont care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts