Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a sale on all our HID and CCFL Halo/Angel Eye products on the website. The new sale pricing is already in effect on the website. All discounts will be taken off the new price. This is good for the month of July.

Don't forget the Moto GP Sale. Check the Group Buy section for more details - http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67340

Use the coupon code "MotoR6" to receive 30% off. This is for the Moto GP event. If you are attending, be sure to stop by our tent to check out all our new products, and to say hi! :)

Read the group buy thread for more details.

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
whats the diff between the 50 w and 35 w hid?

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I don't understand, can I just 'change the light bulbs' and get the 'blue effect' ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the diff between the 50 w and 35 w hid?
The 50W ballast is approx. 1" longer, it comes with a relay harness, and produces approx. 43% more light than the 35W kit.

I don't understand, can I just 'change the light bulbs' and get the 'blue effect' ?
If you just want to change the color, instead of having more light, sure. But even if you get a 100W halogen bulb, that still won't be as bright as our 35W HID kit. The 100W halogen bulb has approx. 2200 Lumens, where our Lite Eyes 35W HID kit has 3200 Lumens, and the 50W HID kit has approx. 4600 Lumens (Lumens is a measure of actual light output). Also, the 100W HID draws a lot of power, and can potentially cause damage to your wiring harness.

If you want to do it right, get the Lite Eyes HID kit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So why, on your web site, is the pure white color "recommended"?
6,000K is a pure white color. Anything higher in Kelvin rating has a blue tint to it. In addition, the colors above 6,000K begin to diminish in brightness by approx. 8%. Not a very big deal for most people.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
if you have never ridden with HID's the difference is literally night and day the light output is seriously insane and it seams our R6's were built for HID's 03-05's at least i think they changed the headlight style in 06 but not sure

personally i have gave light eyes alot of grief because i use a different manufacturer but i will defenitely be getting their 50w kit as my next purchase because they are actually CHEAPER than most 50W kits i've seen out there

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you have never ridden with HID's the difference is literally night and day the light output is seriously insane and it seams our R6's were built for HID's 03-05's at least i think they changed the headlight style in 06 but not sure

personally i have gave light eyes alot of grief because i use a different manufacturer but i will defenitely be getting their 50w kit as my next purchase because they are actually CHEAPER than most 50W kits i've seen out there
Thanks for the info. Please don't be mistaken, our kits are only top quality. The only reason it is less expensive is for the Moto GP sale. We do pride ourselves on the quality of our products, and believe ours are superior than other kits. HID kits are not all the same - even if the bulbs and ballasts look similar. I've seen other kits that look similar to ours (not the same look, but similar). Think of the difference between buying Sylvania Silverstar halogen bulbs vs. the blue tinted bulbs you find in an auto tuning shop or on ebay. They may look the same, but yes, they are different.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
What if I want to change my headlights to the low beams on both sides as well as the high beams on both sides. I assume I'd need 4 bulbs for that, but would that drain too much power? And I know there's kits that allow you to do that, anyone know where I can get it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What if I want to change my headlights to the low beams on both sides as well as the high beams on both sides. I assume I'd need 4 bulbs for that, but would that drain too much power? And I know there's kits that allow you to do that, anyone know where I can get it?
That is beyond our product base. You will need to modify your headlights to be able to have 4 lights (similar to how the R1 works). The R6 only has 1 side low beam, 1 side high beam. We don't have conversion kits for this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts