Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Group Buy: Lite Eyes Motorcycle HID Headlight Kits

I would like to extend a discount on the Lite Eyes motorcycle HID headlight kits from www.LiteEyes.com. Members will receive an additional 15% off by using the coupon code "lightitup".

The HID kits have a full 2 year warranty. Waterproof, compact digital ballasts for easy installation. The kit is completely plug and play. Not cutting or wire splicing necessary.

This kit is perfect for motorcycles, because it is very easy to install (plug and play), comes with a compact ballast (to easily hide), and the kit is completely waterproof (so you don't have to worry about washing your bike or riding in the rain).

Here is a pic of the Lite Eyes HID kits installed on a 2007 R1.

If you're not sure what size bulbs you need, or what color to get, feel free to ask. I've also included the bulb sizes in my signature for convenience.

Feel free to e-mail any questions to [email protected]. Thank you and safe riding! :)

·
Ride Safe; Not Stupid
716 Posts
i am interested...like the guy above asked...do they come with high and low?? or will you have to buy 2 sets?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do these HID's include High and Low beams?

i am interested...like the guy above asked...do they come with high and low?? or will you have to buy 2 sets?
Yes, the Lite Eyes double HID headlight kit includes 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts. This is good for the low beam and high beam on the R6. For the R1, you will need 2 Double kits (4 bulbs, 4 ballasts) for the low beam and high beams.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and how would i figure out what size bulb I would need? I have a 2000 r6
You can look at the bulb on your bike through your headlights. If you look at the base of the bulb, the size is imprinted there. I believe they are H4 bulbs, but check to be sure.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I was thinking about getting a set of these over the ebay ones...as anyone installed them that can provide a review of them?

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
What about the demon eyes? is this code good for them when purchased with the hid kit? Are the demon eyes easy to install? Can you pm a instruction on installing them? Not sure if I want to do them yet, but definitely on the HID kit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about getting a set of these over the ebay ones...as anyone installed them that can provide a review of them?
We've had several customers purchase from the forum, we've requested them to leave feedback here (and on our website).

What about the demon eyes? is this code good for them when purchased with the hid kit? Are the demon eyes easy to install? Can you pm a instruction on installing them? Not sure if I want to do them yet, but definitely on the HID kit.
The coupon code is good for the demon eyes. When pre-ordering Demon Eyes and Halos, make a separate transaction than the HID's. Since the Demon Eyes and Halos are not shipping yet, your HID's will ship asap, and the Demon Eyes and Halos will ship when they're ready. They halos will ship later this month (in the next 2 weeks), and the Demon Eyes will be shipping after that.

The coupon code works for the HID's and for the Halos.

·
Registered
56 Posts
just ordered a set of the 10k one came to 161 with the cupon cant wait for them to come:D

·
Registered
749 Posts
For the older bikes H4 bulbs are hi/lo. DO you have xenons that do both for example bi-xenon or HID withthe dummy bulb? I ask mainly for the people who need it for inspection...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just ordered a set of the 10k one came to 161 with the cupon cant wait for them to come:D
Thank you for your order! :)

For the older bikes H4 bulbs are hi/lo. DO you have xenons that do both for example bi-xenon or HID withthe dummy bulb? I ask mainly for the people who need it for inspection...
Yes, since the H4 bulbs have dual filaments to act as a low beam and high beam in 1 bulb, and since HID bulbs do not use filaments, we have 3 different types of H4 bulbs:

- H4 no high beam. This is just an HID low beam.
- H4 w/halogen high beam. This is an HID low beam bulb with a standard halogen high beam bulb next to it. This is the most popular.
- H4 bi-xenon. This is a single HID bulb with a motorized shield that re-directs the HID light to the high beam area when you engage the high beams.

Thanks for asking good questions, this does come up often, and I'm sure this will help clear things up for some people.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Okay, just to make sure, I can get a single kit for my bike (2004 R6), and it will work for me. Now both my lights will be on? I just want to make sure that both lights are on. I want to get rid of my one light on look.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, just to make sure, I can get a single kit for my bike (2004 R6), and it will work for me. Now both my lights will be on? I just want to make sure that both lights are on. I want to get rid of my one light on look.
Think of the HID headlight kit as a bulb conversion. You are simply swapping out the headlight bulb. The HID kit comes with a ballast that powers the bulb, and the stock headlight harness powers the ballast, but this does not convert your headlights to an R1 style (dual low beams, dual high beams).

The Lite Eyes Single HID kit provides 1 HID bulb and 1 waterproof compact digital ballast. This kit will provide you with a much brighter light output with a more efficient lighting system (HID).

I hope this clears up any confusion. :)

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Please explain on the 99-02 how a single High Intensity Discharge arc can provide the dual focal points for high/low beam?

These models only have 1 bulb per side, they are dual-filament before the conversion with both being high AND low.

I have only seen one kit that can fill this need, it is a Bi-Xenon, with a single actuated arc that moves to a new focal position for high beam.

Does your kit perform in this manner? If so, for that price I am very interested.

Question answered while typing, thank you

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Okay, I hate to be THAT guy, but...

I'll give you the chance to earn my business...

A certain online auction has the bixenon H4 slim ballast with 2 year warranty for about $85 less than lite eyes with same shipping. (this includes the discount here).

I can't imagine THAT big a difference in the kits, as they are all solid state, and your competitor is using GE bulbs, which are very well rated.

Sell me on it, and I'm in.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Please explain on the 99-02 how a single High Intensity Discharge arc can provide the dual focal points for high/low beam?

These models only have 1 bulb per side, they are dual-filament before the conversion with both being high AND low.

I have only seen one kit that can fill this need, it is a Bi-Xenon, with a single actuated arc that moves to a new focal position for high beam.

Does your kit perform in this manner? If so, for that price I am very interested.

Question answered while typing, thank you

Yes, I am happy to answer this question. This is actually a common question, and I've requested it to be posted in the FAQ section on the Lite Eyes website.

We have 3 different versions of HID bulbs when converting from a dual filament bulb (i.e. H4, 9004, 9007, etc....).

1. Single HID bulb. This is a single HID bulb with no high beam.
2. Single HID bulb with halogen high beam. This is a single HID bulb with a standard halogen bulb that turns on when the high beams are engaged. This is an additional $5 for Single kits, and $10 for Double kits.
3. Bi-Xenon HID bulb. This is a single HID bulb with a motorized shield that re-directs the HID light when the high beam is engaged. This is an additional $25 for Single Kits, and $43 for Double kits.

I hope this helps out. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, I hate to be THAT guy, but...

I'll give you the chance to earn my business...

A certain online auction has the bixenon H4 slim ballast with 2 year warranty for about $85 less than lite eyes with same shipping. (this includes the discount here).

I can't imagine THAT big a difference in the kits, as they are all solid state, and your competitor is using GE bulbs, which are very well rated.

Sell me on it, and I'm in.
Oh, I was answering your first post while you posted again. :)

Anyways, not a problem, I get this question often. I hope you don't mind, and I hope I don't seem too impersonal with my answer, but here is a copy/paste of my response to the same question of another forum.

We do sell only digital ballasts for many reasons. When comparing digital ballasts to standard magnetic ballast, there are many differences.

First, the size. Our ballasts are typically 1/2 or even 1/3 the weight. This makes for a heavier product, and also a more difficult installation.

Lite Eyes ballasts also have attached mounting tabs. The standard ballast requires a special bracket which makes installation even more difficult.

Lite Eyes digital ballast has a faster startup than standard ballasts.

Lite Eyes ballast can reach full brightness in under 1 minute, as opposed to standard ballasts that can take 5,10, or even 20 minutes (depending on the quality of the components).

Lite Eyes digital ballast produces less heat than standard ballasts. Since we use high quality components, and an aluminum casing with heat vents, this helps to keep the heat to a minimum.

Lite Eyes digital ballasts have a safety shut off in the event of a short circuit, or insufficient (less than 9V), or even excessive voltage (greater than 16V).

Light output (Lumens) is generally shorter over time with a magnetic ballast.

When comparing to other digital ballasts manufacturers, the case may look similar, but the components are not always the same.

The components inside our ballasts are high quality. One major component that is often compromised at the factory is the capacitors used. We use high temp and higher quality rated capacitors. This helps prolong the life of the ballast and other components.

Some of the other components we use (the power transformer, and transistors - which are important components), are also high quality.

These are just a few things that are different from our kits.

One example of product comparison, is the standard aftermarket headlight bulbs. I know Piaa and Sylvania silverstars are a popular choice, but these bulbs are relatively more expensive than their counterparts on ebay. But why do people continue to buy the Piaa and Sylvania brand bulbs, and swear by them. When looking at them side by side, they may appear to be very similar, just a headlight bulb with painted glass, and maybe a special xenon gas inside, but if you compare the actual manufacturing, you'll notice one product is manufactured to be an inexpensive product.

Our prices have significantly reduced over the years. $190 for our high quality parts is a very reasonable price. I do see what you mean when comparing to other HID kits on ebay, but please know that the parts on ebay are different, and the seller is not always truly representative of themselves. By this, I mean I've seen some posts on the forums about people not being able to get a hold of the seller when there is a problem, and the worst thing someone can do is to leave negative feedback on their ebay account. When there is 98% positive feedback for someone with 1,000's of feedback, relatively speaking, that's a lot of unhappy people, but when you're pushing product the way they are, who cares, right? I believe this is the mindset of the general ebay seller (not all of them, but some).

Lite Eyes has committed staff to help on the forums to help mainstream our products. This is why we have become site sponsors, and you will see we try to be helpful and answer any questions people may have.

·
I eat Vespas
88 Posts
what if I wanted two different colors? say a 3000k for low beam and a 6000k for my high beam..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what if I wanted two different colors? say a 3000k for low beam and a 6000k for my high beam..
This is no problem, what people have done in the past is order the Double HID kit, and in the notes section, write which bulb size and colors they want. The notes section always gets read before the order is processed.

I was told the Double HID kit page will be updated so you can fully select each bulb color and size. Check back on the site tonight or tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts