Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Fcuk your sports car
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously a bike that can easily rocket ship well past 170 mph with ease is nothing to treat like a toy.. But anybody ever ride on the street and some random idiot in either a suped up import car or a mustang gt or camaro as try to get into a drag race/ pissing contest with you? When I'm on a liter bike I know I can easily blow their doors off but my better judgment just tells me not to do it.

They always do this sling shot thing where they fly past me at 90 mph while I'm doing the speed limit in a 55 which is kind of a b&@$ move.

I guess it's my mindset " I'm on a 1000 I really can't afford to f**karound" but I'm still trying to figure out whether or not it's me who has that instinctive mechanism of "the faster my ride can go, the more I want to avoid pissing contests with idiots"

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
So you ride a litre bike... Cool...Glad you ride responsibly and all but, there is a lot of supped up muscle and imports that would leave you and your 1k all but hurt. :lmao

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
One day we can only hope to be as awesome as you.

Obviously a bike that can easily rocket ship well past 170 mph with ease is nothing to treat like a toy.. But anybody ever ride on the street and some random idiot in either a suped up import car or a mustang gt or camaro as try to get into a drag race/ pissing contest with you? When I'm on a liter bike I know I can easily blow their doors off but my better judgment just tells me not to do it.

They always do this sling shot thing where they fly past me at 90 mph while I'm doing the speed limit in a 55 which is kind of a b&@$ move.

I guess it's my mindset " I'm on a 1000 I really can't afford to f**karound" but I'm still trying to figure out whether or not it's me who has that instinctive mechanism of "the faster my ride can go, the more I want to avoid pissing contests with idiots"

Attachments

·
stuntin
738 Posts
Not that it really matters but I've personally seen plenty of cars that will give a liter bike a run for its money. I don't think it really matters if your on a liter bike or not. It just takes one mistake and your done. Although I can't deny I have given in to temptation when those dumb cars try and race me.

·
Hey...watch this
574 Posts
There are a few, but FAR from "a lot" of cars that can do a 10 second 1/4 mile and 170MPH.
I bet you don't see a car that can do this more than once or twice a month. And when you do, they are going 50MPH in the left lane.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
There are a few, but FAR from "a lot" of cars that can do a 10 second 1/4 mile and 170MPH.
I bet you don't see a car that can do this more than once or twice a month. And when you do, they are going 50MPH in the left lane.
Depends on where you live. There are some stupid fast cars out there these days....

·
stuntin
738 Posts
I live in ABQ where there really aren't many but I personally know of 4. I went to high school with 2 of them. I could imagine the guys who live in places where there is a lot more money like Cali etc. Also if you can't launch a bike correctly you won't catch up. Saw a 800 hp z06 handle my buddies 08 cbr last week and the dude can ride.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I know right. Guys are able to buy 11 second cars right off the god damned showroom floors these days. Some nitrous or a trubo kit and bam! 9 second ride
There are 3 10ish second GTRs at sucky ass Sacramento drag strip every week now... and a couple blown vettes that are stupid fast...

Technology has made speed attainable now...:fact

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
There are 3 10ish second GTRs at sucky ass Sacramento drag strip every week now... and a couple blown vettes that are stupid fast...

Technology has made speed attainable now...:fact
I went out to test & tune yesterday... rolled up on my bone stock R6 looking for some 6s. Got a best of a 7.002 with a whole buncha 7.12/3s pretty easy.
motha effing :eatme:eek:oh :throwup Wanted to run home to get my swb liter cheater for some 5s. :lmao

·
Fcuk your sports car
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
If I really cared about straightaway speed I would have gotten a power commander or maybe gotten a zx14r, but a stock zx10r will do for me.. To be honest though I don't know what's up with people always trying to do that head start bullsh**. Will probably checkout the sac drag strip some time. I've pulled in on cars that did that but only if it was safe. Never had the guts to go full throttle.. Too many pictures of grisly street racing. Crashes as well as being an eye witness to a gsxr1000 going down right in front of me at 120 plus have deterred me from gunning it on a public roAd.

Still though I wanna go out to the strip and see what my zx10r has got.. There are a lot of. Vehicles that are faster than mine.. But even unmodified I've went full throttle before while test driving it and it scares the sh** out of me heh

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
If I really cared about straightaway speed I would have gotten a power commander or maybe gotten a zx14r, but a stock zx10r will do for me.. To be honest though I don't know what's up with people always trying to do that head start bullsh**. Will probably checkout the sac drag strip some time. I've pulled in on cars that did that but only if it was safe. Never had the guts to go full throttle.. Too many pictures of grisly street racing. Crashes as well as being an eye witness to a gsxr1000 going down right in front of me at 120 plus have deterred me from gunning it on a public roAd.

Still though I wanna go out to the strip and see what my zx10r has got.. There are a lot of. Vehicles that are faster than mine.. But even unmodified I've went full throttle before while test driving it and it scares the sh** out of me heh
Well shit, there answers all of my questions. All I needed was a power commander for straight away speed. :jacked

·
wut
34 Posts
i live in Houston, so theres plenty of cars that rape bikes. Matter of fact, one bike night, HPD and the UGR guys showed up to our meet because they were bored i suppose. Let's just say the slowest car had 800+, and we had stretched and sprayed bikes out, everyone got raped lol but 20kish vs 200k+ mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
i live in Houston, so theres plenty of cars that rape bikes. Matter of fact, one bike night, HPD and the UGR guys showed up to our meet because they were bored i suppose. Let's just say the slowest car had 800+, and we had stretched and sprayed bikes out, everyone got raped lol but 20kish vs 200k+ mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please don't say PP1 was bike night

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

Sac raceway sucks, and the 14 is weaker than the Busa. And I bet my old lady smokes you on your liter bike with her zx6r....

Depends on the bike though. We have a couple buddies with Busas pushing 600hp and dropping 7s at 190+ with no bar on a turbo.... With a 300lb dude on it..... But yeah, TX2K has some sick shit for cars.... Scary fast.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts