Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have lo jack on my bike and am forced to keep it outside because of the apartments we live in. Recently bikes have been going missing like INSANE!! in my neighborhood. I was reading lo jacks warranty on my bike and they said that if the bike is in there "coverage zone" then it is fully warranted. heres the problem I live 10 mintues away from the Mexican Border here in San DIego. What happens if my bike is stolen and taken to mexico?? anybody know?? and what else can I buy to help prevent that??

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
insurance is your only real safety net if your bike is left outside, thats the unfortunate truth.

if its taken to mexico, i doubt the mexican police would put much effort into finding it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i agree with you there but will lo jack still cover it? im fugged if i dont have a bike its my only means of transportation so if it aint covered i'm screwed. I have full coverage but any extra money would help. I guess im just really worried seeing as like 6 bikes have gone missing in 2 days. all within 4 blocks of my apartment. im supposed to get like 2200 if my bike is stolen but not sure if its covered if it is in mexico or something like that.

·
No more side boob for you
1,136 Posts
your best bet is to call and ask them. get their name and what not. and if what they are saying sounds not right, ask for their supervisor.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
get a couple friends and set a trap and start catching mo fo's. bring firearms. evil prevails when good men do nothing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't bother. I had lo-jack with the ew and it was stolen a few days ago. Mustve disabled it, because I didn't even get the warning. Hasn't been found. And I think they're only going to pay me 700 of the 1k I paid for lo-jack. That stuff is junk. Guess I'll be a cager- harder to put a Benz in a van.

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
this is kind of beside the point, but i heard GuidePoint was 10X better than lo-jack...supposedly lo-jack doesn't have GPS tracking...guidepoint does..and it has a bunch of other features that lo-jack does not..and i think it's only a lil bit more expensive than lo-jack (worth it)

·
Registered
21 Posts
As the second poster said, insurance is your only hope. My bike was stolen 3 weeks ago and when I spoke to the insurance chick, she said that there's been an apparent spike in bike thefts here in south western ontario and most of them have alarms and gps' on them. Remember, criminals are always one step ahead when it comes to these things. May they all suffer painful deaths... sorry, still pissed about my bike :FU

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
From a police standpoint--Lo Jack sucks--i'm gonna kick someones mirrors off.

T1

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well one deterrent is to get a big hook and drill into the concert where your bike is and put a huge chain through your frame. This will deter the thieve from thinking stealing it since it would take them longer then 5 mins to remove the chain and lock without any noise. It won't prevent them but it will deter them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.