Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I dont know how this guy thinkings he is going to be able to load the bike all the way by himself though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Twistad..... interesting post!!! I always thought the same thing. A friend and I always push our bikes up in the truck together till our first trip to track day. It seemed like just about everyone was doing it by themselves. Believe it or not, they start the bike, pull the clutch and put the bike into gear then they engage the clutch and walk the bike up the ramp. Not sure how safe it is, but there were lots of riders doing it. Not too sure I would do that myself so my friend and I just help each other out with the bikes.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just finished, last weekend, my "hauler". it's sorta like the dirtbike haulers you see that sit perpendicular to the truck that fit into the reese hitch. Except i made mine to tilt with 1.5 feet of the ramp that folds up against the back tire. It works pretty sweet. I still need to paint it and put some spray undercoating on it to get better traction for loading. My truck is too tall to laod it in the bed with out having like a 20 foot ramp, so i came up with this instead. I've yet to try it on a long trip or anything but I've had the bike on there tied down and then stood and jumped/bounced it and it stay pretty firm. but I'm sure gonna be sure my insurance is paid up too haha :hammer

·
looking for more curves
1,887 Posts
i've loaded mine into my S10 alone b4. A little bit worried that I drop it half way up... but I didn;t... I need to get a larger area ramp so I can walk next to it on the way up... otherwise right when I get to the point of the bike being 3/4 in the truck bed I can't reach far enough to be certian that it's stable enough to hop up in the bed....

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
Did anyone try it this way? http://www.r6-forum.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5576&highlight=
On my last trackday, the night before, I tried to ride my bike up the ramp. Not a smart idea. I almost made into the bed till I freaked out and stalled. It was a good thing my buddy was on the side of the truck that I decided to bail off because he caught the bike before it fell off the ramp. However, he couldn't save me, but that's okay. I'd rather he save my baby.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i bet they used two guys there... he's just holding the brake real quick while his buddy can go take a picture, then he will run back and help again. I wouldn't want to load my bike that way solo...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not bad, but as mentioned, you would want a second ramp that you could walk up while you load your bike. But for a person, just a 6 or 8 foot 2x6 would work fine. Then you could just slide it into the bed of your truck after you load the bike.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Right you can load the bike by yourself if you have a ramp with enough width, but I have seen these in the pic and they aren't. You can get the atv model which comes in a pair so that you can engage the bike up one and then walk up the other... I got my pair for like $80 and works like a charm. And yes it has the arc so that the clearance is there.

·
Registered
587 Posts
using a regular piece of wood isnt going to have the arc, will there be clearance for the fairings?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I load my byke in my van all the time by myself. If loading your byke all by yourself you *will* want a wide enough ramp or a second ramp for yourself. I have never (knock on wood) yet dropped my baby loading her by myself... Hell I find it easier to load my baby into my van than I do covering her by myself; I always find myself fidgeting with the damn cover till it's covering the whole byke and not 1mm of the byke is showing,,,lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts