Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Yamaha r6 20k miles I live in southern cal. With plenty of twisties and canyons near me but I don't hit them as much as I commute with the bike I'm looking for a long lasting tire that I can do both with. I put roughly 8k+ miles each year on the bike...so which would you recommend. I'm leaning towards perilli angel gt!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
According to the reviews I saw when recently purchasing a second set of Michelin Pilot Road 4s, people were averaging about 15k on them. So far I have about 20k, but they are bald. They are dual-compound tires meaning, soft on the sides, moderate hardness in the center. They are still good on cold roads. The siping gives them exceptional performance under wet conditions.

Note that the "Pilot Road 4" update is just called "Road 5"... they dropped the "Pilot"... and some of the siping of the 4s.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the Angel GTs on my 2006 when I got rid of it. I loved them. I plan on doing a set to my '17 when the tires wear out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got angel gt's on my bike now and had pilot road 4's on previously. In socal I would go with the gt's. Better grip and not much need for heavy rain tire.

·
Zip ties and Duct tape
162 Posts
Throwing my opinion into the ring, I just threw a pair of the angel GT's on my bike and I got them pretty much for the same reason you are considering them. They definitely aren't as grippy as the Michelin pilot power 3's or the RS tires, but they get the job done for commuting and maybe some late night scandal-ism with your buddies. I will say they are a bit overpriced, but from what I hear, you get quite the life out of these tires.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
No cold temps in Cali either. PR4s aren't just for rain. It's 25°F right now. Just got back a bit over an hour ago. They may slowly slide a little bit, but they don't slip like the Dunlops that came with it.

·
Thread Killer...
49 Posts
Don't be afraid to mix and match tires... My personal favorite combo for the street (on my R1) is the Dunlop Q3+ front and RoadSmart III rear. The RS3 gets great mileage and is sticky enough for the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts