Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember coming across a fuel map for the PCIII USB posted by Brian (Hammy the Can Man) from another site for a Blue Flame slip on on an R6.

If anyone has a copy of the *.MAP file, definitely post it. And it would benefit the others who have the Blue Flame exhaust installed in their R6

I am installing my PCIII maybe tonight if I get the map.

Much Thanks,

Mike

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Beantown.
First you need to get a Power Commander unit for the R6.
PCIII USB and you can remap after that. I think this is a
very good addition to your aftermarket exhaust.

The map that Hammy posted is actually a map for Micron (it says on the comments using the Power Commander software). And I am glad
that I have the file saved in my computer at work since the link doesn't
work anymore. If you need that file, I can email it to you when you get your PCIII and load the map in it.

Ohterwise, it is working, I can feel more response on the throttle. It does clean up the rpm range throughout since I can feel more pull on the lower rpms. And the sound is cleaner too. When I installed my Blue Flame, it putters a little bit on idle, and that goes away once you get the map in.

Hope that helps.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will still run, and will not harm the bike at all. It will just improve the delivery in the fuel injection system. In other words, it will make use of the peformance mods that you are adding to your bike.

But others will have a better explanation to this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.