Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a leftover 2006 R1 sitting in a dealership. Would like to work a deal for it, but I'm not sure if their starting point is good enough. They are asking 8999.00. In a few months the 09 R1 will be out and this bike will be 3 yrs old. If I could get out the door at close to 8 I think that would be doable. My questions is, how much do they have in this bike that has been sitting for so long? Does Yamaha give them any extra money, or are they still in it for what they paid when they got it? Any dealership people here? Thanks

gary

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
basically the dealership is losing money by keeping the bike on the floor any longer...they've paid so much interest on the bike that they can't make profit off of it so they just want to get the damn thing outta there...try for $7,500 OTD and work your way up from there...u should be able to get it for $8,000 or under..good luck man, remember don't budge off your price!!! leave if u must, they'll take the bait :jacked

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, i was wondering how that works. I guess Yamaha holds the paper for the dealership?

Yeah, that sounds like a plan, I'll start at 7,500 and see what happens. I like the 04-06 R1s better than the new ones and not sure about the 09 until it actually comes out. Maybe i'll have a new toy in the garage after this weekend. I really need to sell one of these cars............ Anyone want to buy a 545 big block mid-9 second 1991 'stang?? lol

gary

·
Now with KungFu like grip
696 Posts
$8000 would be a great price conosidering it's brand spankin' new. If they don't agree at 8G's write your name, number and $8000 on the back of a business card (one of theirs even) and hand it to the salesman as you leave and tell him if they change their mind within the week they should give you a call. You'l probably get a call 2-3 days later from a sales manager or something.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would look at used prices for an 06 and go from there. I wouldnt pay more than 6 grand for a leftover 06. The 09's have so much more value and can be had at 8K if you know how to haggle

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$8000 would be a great price conosidering it's brand spankin' new. If they don't agree at 8G's write your name, number and $8000 on the back of a business card (one of theirs even) and hand it to the salesman as you leave and tell him if they change their mind within the week they should give you a call. You'l probably get a call 2-3 days later from a sales manager or something.

hehe thats a good idea, except i would add that the offer drops 100.00/day. :nocontrol:nocontrol

gary

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went by there today...............Fuggin hurricane scare sent everyone home. They were closed "due to hurricane Fay".

I rode my bike to and from work 75 miles in this crap and you can't stay the hell open??? The Pussification of America has worked.

So, since im in a bike buying mood, i go and checkout 2 other dealers..........CLOSED due to this friggin poser hurricane. Blow me Fay. hahaha

The motorcycle buying gods didn't want me to own an R1 today..........

gary

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would look at used prices for an 06 and go from there. I wouldnt pay more than 6 grand for a leftover 06. The 09's have so much more value and can be had at 8K if you know how to haggle
Please show me where I can get a 2009 R6 right now. Also for $8000! Heads up, because you don't know what you're talking about, they aren't out yet.
Are you smoking crack?

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
Steal that bike from the stealership. 8K is a good price. Also check on ebay. I believe you can get an 07 for that price. Well that was what I saw couple of weeks back. Anyhow, dude I save my money for 2009. Spend couple of more K's and get a new style. If you still like the current style better, there is always a used bike market with very low miles. Lucky bastard, I wish I had this dilema. Didn't you just get your 2008 R6S. Bastard. Don't mind me, I just HATING.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steal that bike from the stealership. 8K is a good price. Also check on ebay. I believe you can get an 07 for that price. Well that was what I saw couple of weeks back. Anyhow, dude I save my money for 2009. Spend couple of more K's and get a new style. If you still like the current style better, there is always a used bike market with very low miles. Lucky bastard, I wish I had this dilema. Didn't you just get your 2008 R6S. Bastard. Don't mind me, I just HATING.
:lmao no problem man, I'm looking for another bike so tha wifey can ride with me. She wants her own bike cuz I don't really like riding 2-up and neither does she. Sooooooooo......... guess i have to go get another Yammie. I'm still liking the 04-06 R1's though. Another 6 isn't out of the question either.

gary

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
...Anyone want to buy a 545 big block mid-9 second 1991 'stang?? lol

gary
ha... i bet gp1300r would give his left nut for that ride. he was in the process of building a fox-body style stang about 2 years ago (right in the 9 second area)

hehe thats a good idea, except i would add that the offer drops 100.00/day. :nocontrol:nocontrol

gary
$100? you must be a nice guy. i'd be more like $250/day. :lmao

·
Registered
60 Posts
Back in Jan. of 07 I almost bought an 06 R1 out the door for 10,400 on the showroom floor still. Taxes and registration included, like I said that was the out the door price. Brand new bike still, they were making room for the 07s and dropped the prices drastically on the R1. You would be lucky to find a brand new R6 out the door for 10,400 let alone an R1. But because my credit did not pass at the time I couldn't buy it. So now I have an 07 R6s and I'm happy with it for now. But it was such a killer deal for than R1, I still think about it to this day...

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
The 07 clearance were going for $8999 as early as Aug 07. So the 06 should be much much cheaper, especially considering the generation changed/updated in 07. You'll be getting two gen old bike. Low to mid seven-grand out the door would be fair market. Even seven would be a deal....go for the deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts