Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at an 03 R6 that I found on craigslist, I just sold my 03 zx6r and I was looking to get something in a little better shape. The only concern I have with this bike is that it's got 38k miles. I just sold my zx6r with 32k and it didn't have any problems, I just don't know if that's too many for this bike. It's got some plastics damage from a drop, but cheapo frame sliders saved most of it. The tires need to be replaced too, but he's only asking 2500. So my question to you R6 experts is this: is that too many miles to mess with? Am I just trading one high mileage beater for another?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
If regular maintenance is up to date, you should be fine. Test ride it. Make sure everything is in working order.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
depends on how he maintained it as well as previous owners. if it runs fine and sounds great then $2000-2200 would be a good deal.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
That topic has been covered more times on this forum than that bike has miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about that. Disregard. I looked up the guy that was selling it, and he owns one of the buy here pay here lots that always has reputation issues. So I'm going to pick up an R1 later tonight. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts