Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just prepping for when we move (retiring in MN) so I'm gathering as much info now. Wifey and I have discussed a yearly trip to Wisconsin to do Road America for at least two weekend track time BUT if there are some place closer then its even better. I thought I saw one in Brainnerd, MN. Thanks!

Robin

·
R6 where the $ goes
84 Posts
BIR...Brainerd Intl Raceway....pretty reasonable too compared to other parts of the country...pm me when you move up here well go for a ride...i live west of mpls,some great twisties if you know where to go

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL

:sing

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI But ya gotta wait 'til next year.

Check out: trackdaymag.com to find all the tracks available in the country.

Then checkout: sportbiketracktime.com for, what I consider, the best trackdays available in the Midwest.

Hope to see you out on the track next year.

Rocketman Bill

·
Registered
71 Posts
ok basically there is one track IN minnesota and that is BIR. From you in Brooklyn Park you are looking at about 2-2.5 hours drive. Other tracks with in a reasonable distance:
-Road America: 6hr
- Black Hawk- Not exactly sure, but about 6 hr
- Mid America Motorplex: 6 hr, but is currently under water and it may not ever be ridable again
- Motorpark Hastings: Closer to 7 hrs

Trackday provider at BIR (the only one) Is ZARS

Also here is a local forum where most of the local racers and track day go-ers chat. Itll be a good source of info for you and you can meets lots of people to ride/drive with in your area: http://www.mnsportbikeriders.com/

Hit me up in if you have any more Qs or want to get to the track next season. Id be more than happy to help out and show you around

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI But ya gotta wait 'til next year.

Check out: trackdaymag.com to find all the tracks available in the country.

Then checkout: sportbiketracktime.com for, what I consider, the best trackdays available in the Midwest.

Hope to see you out on the track next year.

Rocketman Bill
Sportbike track time effing RAPES you though... That org can blow on my nut sack. I'd rather do NESBA or motovid.com (best value, hands down at Blackhawk farms) any day.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All inputs welcome and thanks all. I will definitely hit ZARS at BIR for ALL their trackdays since it's so close. I will check out the other orgs. Any open session formats with the above track organization? Thanks again for the inputs!

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
All inputs welcome and thanks all. I will definitely hit ZARS at BIR for ALL their trackdays since it's so close. I will check out the other orgs. Any open session formats with the above track organization? Thanks again for the inputs!
I did 7 days with Motovid this season, and the ONLY complaints that I have with them are that they only do Blackhawk and that 90% of their days (except the clinics) are on wednesdays... Otherwise you can get some deep discounts (I got on several times for $100 for the day) and they include lunch. 4 Groups, so the track isn't too crowded and 7 15-minute sessions in the day. Big fan.

·
slow guy
4,400 Posts
I've also done 7 TD's/clinics at BHF, I have 3 more to go this year yet with motovid. Great group, I like the wednesdays as it works with my schedule well. I really want to hit RA next year with Nesba, but will give STT a try if a few things fall into place behind the scenes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No open session format with ZARS, but they do have a "double time" option which allows you to run in 2 of the three groups (beginner, Intermediate, and advanced).

·
fok mi! fok u!
260 Posts
No open session format with ZARS, but they do have a "double time" option which allows you to run in 2 of the three groups (beginner, Intermediate, and advanced).
oh how cute.. you sell your CBR and buy an R6 and here you are on the R6 forums... smartest man alive ;)

I'm with Gunnar on this one. ZARS puts together a great track day. Plus they have a kick ass photographer that makes even slow people (Gunnar) look fast ;)

With ZARS we have done track days at MAM (Omaha) and BIR. It looks like next year Jessica will be putting together a Road America trip for us too!

Look forward to seeing you out at the track!

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Sold the CBR? I just got mine more than a month ago. Did not sell the R6 either! Btw, how are they if you brought two bikes to a track day? Most orgs here are cool with it.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Thanks. Sold the CBR? I just got mine more than a month ago. Did not sell the R6 either! Btw, how are they if you brought two bikes to a track day? Most orgs here are cool with it.
Motovid doesn't care, as long as each PERSON on the track is paid and signs a waiver. There are quite a few people that pit together and use the same bike in different sessions.

·
fok mi! fok u!
260 Posts
Sorry! Was talking to Nick (Gunnar971) He just sold his CBR1000RR and bought an R6 to race CRA next year :)

ZARS doesn't care. You just have to Tech both bikes. I've had both of my R6's up at the track.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry! Was talking to Nick (Gunnar971) He just sold his CBR1000RR and bought an R6 to race CRA next year :)

ZARS doesn't care. You just have to Tech both bikes. I've had both of my R6's up at the track.
I knew you were not talking to me. I was implying why sell it. I love my '08 1000rr. Power is smooth and lots of it throughout the RPM range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts