Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2000 R6 but it didnt come with a rear seat, just the rear cowl. I was wondering if anyone has one they dont use and would like to sell it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, im in no hurry, probably wont even use it till next season when Ill have a little more experience, but it would be nice to have just in case. How do you guys do sales on here anyway? Ive never bought anything off a forum from a private seller before.

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know about everyone else but i just take paypal. Send me paypal and i'll ship the item next day. I always ship UPS 2nd day air or 3 day select because i work in shipping at volkswagen so it's cheaper for me. I'll keep in touch when i get my bike back next week. [email protected] is my email. Let me know if you need anything else because i'm converting this bike to a race bike. It also has rear integrated brake light/turn signals and a puig double bubble.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know what the puig double bubble is, but I know the guy before me put an integrated brake/turn signal on mine, I'm just looking for the seat. I was thinking about getting the stock gears from someone because I have a -1/+2 and had thought about returning it to stock, however, Im seeing about 40-42mpg so it might not even really be worth it, cause it sure pulls like a mofo with this gear ratio. but definately let me know about the seat when youre ready to get rid of it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dont know what the puig double bubble is, but I know the guy before me put an integrated brake/turn signal on mine, I'm just looking for the seat. I was thinking about getting the stock gears from someone because I have a -1/+2 and had thought about returning it to stock, however, Im seeing about 40-42mpg so it might not even really be worth it, cause it sure pulls like a mofo with this gear ratio. but definately let me know about the seat when youre ready to get rid of it!
The puig double bubble is a windscreen. It's tinted and is bubbled to send air over your head to "make you faster" ;) But ya forsure i'll get in touch with you next weekend on the seat. I'm thinking 35$ shipped for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$35 sounds great, is it in decent condition? it doesnt have to be in awesome condition, just not all torn up :) I wouldnt mind replacing the windscreen either, mine has a small crack in it. will you be able to send some pics when you get your bike back?

thanks again!

·
Registered
46 Posts
$35 sounds great, is it in decent condition? it doesnt have to be in awesome condition, just not all torn up :) I wouldnt mind replacing the windscreen either, mine has a small crack in it. will you be able to send some pics when you get your bike back?

thanks again!
Ya i'll get you some pictures next weekend. It was in great shape last i saw it. Basically i sold this bike to my buddy not to long ago and now i bought it back. I'll cut you a package deal for both if you decide you want it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya i'll get you some pictures next weekend. It was in great shape last i saw it. Basically i sold this bike to my buddy not to long ago and now i bought it back. I'll cut you a package deal for both if you decide you want it.
Haha, sounds like either he didnt like riding or you just couldnt live without the awesomeness of the R6 :)

I know a guy that just bought a 2002 R6 dirt cheep in AWESOME condition with 4K miles on it and was thinking about selling it because he just couldnt figure out how to ride it, and I think it scared him a bit. Hes gotten better now though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sounds like a good buy! and sounds like a good deal for me too if I can get that gear from ya!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picture as promised! Seat is in great shape just as i remember.

Awesome, do you have a pic of the windscreen too? how much did you want for both?

also, does your screen name indicate that you own a DSM?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, just wondering if you still wanted to sell the stuff.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.