Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Im looking for leather jacket opinions. I am 6' 2". 235 lbs. 40-42" Waist. A bit on the hefty side. Im trying to conquer that problem, but thats another tail. Now since there are sooo many manufacturers making leather jackets, what are some that you guys have found, are cut for the larger american male. After doing some research im leaning toward This Jacket. AGV Sport Torino. Im told its cut a little roomie for us larger folks. Also based on reviews from kneedraggers and several other places. it seems to be a nice jacket, and almost universally liked. has anyone ever worn it? Also, at that price. should i be worried that its lacking in protection someplace? Is AGV a good brand?

Are there any other good leather jackets that are cut for a guy like me? A* ive noticed is more for the shorter slender person. They are probably out. I dont care for Icon. I really liked the Joe Rocket Yamaha Racing Leather Jacket, that matches my bike, PERFECTLY. but at 399 its a little pricey if it doesnt fit. I dont have any reservation on money, but about 350 is my max, probably.

Thanks guys!

PS, for reference. a 2x icon ti-max would not fit around my waist. A 2x joe rocket Meteor 6.0 textile( i think, tried it on at some shop but didnt read what it was) jacket fit me almost perfectly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody? seems like no one reads this forum. please help me save my skin!! i am probably just going to go ahead and order that jacket and a pair of nice gloves. take a shot in the dark if you will. hell, its only money!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like a nice Jacket and it has gotten good reviews. I'm a big guy too and I have an Icon Motorhead in 4XL and I love it. What don't you like about Icon?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Icon just seems like its trendy and thats it. But the motorhead jacket is very nice. Ive looked at it, the only thing i do not like about the motorhead, it doesn't have a zipper for pants. thats it. Otherwise i really like that jacket. Also i like the Automag jacket. its pretty bad ass looking.

btw if you don't mind. what are your measurements? you can pm me if you feel uncomfortable. It will help me get a better idea of what will fit me. a fitment guide is no good without a few examples of what fit who since every jacket is different. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts