Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in the market for an R6. Preferably a 2007 with low miles or even a new '08/'09. I've never ridden a bike before but I will take it slow and learn on a buddy's bike before I hop on the R6. I've ridden dirtbikes in the past so not too huge of a step up in terms of being able to drive it.

I'm in the Pittsburgh PA area and was wondering where a good place to purchase a bike was (retailer or even a forum user). I don't want to get ripped off and pay too much. I'm open to any other bike recommendations with a 600cc class also... I've never owned or known anyone with alot of knowledge about bikes.

I'm looking for something that is quick, but at the same time I'm not going to race or go hog-wild on a daily basis. More of a DD for this guy that won't be beat on...

Looking for a sexy blue-colored bike... (my fav color).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm still up in the air about whether or not I should get the R6 or the R6S '09 model... Is there much of a difference? The most I want to do is probably add an exhaust for the performance aspect. Cosmetically I will change a few things as well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
...so not too huge of a step up in terms of being able to drive it.
first, you ride a bike, not drive it. you had it right when saying you've RIDDEN before. :)

I don't want to get ripped off and pay too much. I'm open to any other bike recommendations with a 600cc class also... I've never owned or known anyone with alot of knowledge about bikes.
second, you've come to the right place. we all know a little, and some of the members here know TONS about bikes. i know ENOUGH (whether that's enough to "get by" or enough to "get in trouble" i don't know yet). i got my '06 BLUE r6 on craigs list with all the cosmetic mods already done, 2300 miles, new tires, in near-mint condition, and had a slipon for $6200. i'd say that's a pretty good deal.

1 - check craigs list DAILY. they move so fast these days you GOTTA be quick. if you find one you like that feels like it's the one, don't hold out "for a better deal on the next one" b/c, like i said, they go fast.
2 - bikerepot.com (or something like that); another forum member posted about how he got an '07 (which is really the same everything at the '06) for (i wanna say) $5k or something. ??
3 - ebay.com; just be careful
4 - local stealerships
(IN THAT ORDER)

I'm looking for something that is quick, but at the same time I'm not going to race or go hog-wild on a daily basis. More of a DD for this guy that won't be beat on...

if you're gonna be driving for comfort, i'd say go R6s. i HEAR it's more comfortable... i can't say for sure, b/c i have the non-s.

good luck... let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you're gonna be driving for comfort, i'd say go R6s. i HEAR it's more comfortable... i can't say for sure, b/c i have the non-s.

good luck... let us know what you decide to do.

I am going to go to a stealership tonight (crossroad motorsports) and sit on a few bikes and see what I like. Sorry, I will "ride" a bike and not "drive" it haha.

·
My R6 gives me a woody
19 Posts
I'm in the market for an R6. Preferably a 2007 with low miles or even a new '08/'09. I've never ridden a bike before but I will take it slow and learn on a buddy's bike before I hop on the R6. I've ridden dirtbikes in the past so not too huge of a step up in terms of being able to drive it.

I'm in the Pittsburgh PA area and was wondering where a good place to purchase a bike was (retailer or even a forum user). I don't want to get ripped off and pay too much. I'm open to any other bike recommendations with a 600cc class also... I've never owned or known anyone with alot of knowledge about bikes.

hey check out my bike. its listed for sale here. Its a 2007 with low miles. ITs yellow though and not blue but hey it wont hurt to take a peek!

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
Yeah i got my 07 like new lowish miles 2800 miles will have new tires too.

Selling it for 6,500

1 - 8 of 8 Posts