Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
front and back

I have a 2008 with mint condition black rims I will be willing to trade you or I will just buy your rims

any rims that will fit my 2008 has to be bronze/gold

inbox me thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
You could save yourself a bunch of money if you just bought some gold spray paint and order a can of 2k 2 part clear coat from eastwoods and painted your rims. The good clear coat will make the paint look good not chip from road debris and not fade from sunlight. It can be done in a 24 hour time frame.

Spray paint would be like $6-12 and the clear coat is $20 a can order 2 just in case because you can only use it once. Better then spending $450 on another set of rims. Just my .02

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clear coat and powder coating is different, I have yet to see painted rims with no paint chips regarldess of how thick of a cleat coat was used,

the oem rims are powder coated so they dont chip and dont scratch easily which is what I want, also the gold paint itself i like the oem bronze spray cans will be hard to find that bronze not to mention while its on it might not be the shade of bronze i want. i dont want actual gold but more of a dirty gold/bronze which is what the oem rims are

plus I wanna pay like 200$ not 450 :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.