Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
on no you going that route. what happend to racing it. from what i hear it doesnt take much lean angle to scrape the cage. well i seen a few on ebay. but it usually sells for what their companies sell it for.

and remember what martin says "trix are for kids!!!". nah just kiddin.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what it looks like.... I'm trying to teach the old lady how to ride the six. She's already damaged the left side. I just finish replacing the stator cover and touched up the rash on the tail. I'll be stepping up to the R1 come this December. Till then If I want to stay married, I'm buying protection LOL :hammer

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
oh, i see. i am sort of doing the same thing. my deal with my wife was teach her to ride the R6 then i get the "go" for a new R1 hopefully by january. but for me the route i am trying to go is either a 50cc bike like the ysr50 or maybe even a 250 kawasaki something used. so if she lays it down i wouldnt care. then when she is comfortable then she could go and step up to the R6.

as far as the cages go the cheapest i seen is about $250 on ebay.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a crash cage on my 6 from Racing 905. Its by far the best cage on the market. However my advise is to buy some shin guards as well cause it totally destroys your shins when stunting. :cheers

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'd check out ebay...they got everything! Plus i've seen a few on there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts