Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Real fun 6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for something different for my 2007 Red R6 I thought about Headlight covers. All i found was smoke. Typical. But I have Carbon fiber parts from CROWN MOTO on my bike. I facebook messaged him this evening and he is interested in the idea. I am looking to see what kind of interest there would be in the R6 world! I think with the fit and finish i got on my other Crown Moto Parts, that these would look awesome for one and for two fit better than what i have seen out there already.

Thoughts? Opinions? Interest?
Dig the idea? Hate it? would you buy a set if fit and finish and price were right?
I also want a low cut CF windscreen but I do not think there would be much interest in that? maybe?

I know I want them.

Post up!

and write on CROWN's wall http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/crownmotousa

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
You want to completely cover your headlights? I don't think you can legally ride around like that..

·
Real fun 6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes cover the headlights. In pa the center running light on R6 will safice for front light during daytime riding. and they sell dark smoke and those dont project hardly anylight at all. And hey would be removable, Like a show style covering

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Yes cover the headlights. In pa the center running light on R6 will safice for front light during daytime riding. and they sell dark smoke and those dont project hardly anylight at all. And hey would be removable, Like a show style covering
I work with products like lamin-x, window tint... Although some dont, Most Dark smoke films and covers for headlights let a surprising amount of light through from your headlights. An opaque cover is a bad idea. I say Keep them off the road!

·
Registered
55 Posts
When production slows down during the winter, R&D is always looking around for something we can produce for the following riding season. If anyone wants us to produce something for them just post up a poll and reference us as the builder. If there's enough interest consider it done :yes

·
BabyPuncher
492 Posts
This sounds stupid. Sorry, but it does.

just my opinion though. I love carbon fiber, but it doesn't belong over top of the headlights.

·
keep it lowered
132 Posts
This sounds stupid. Sorry, but it does.

just my opinion though. I love carbon fiber, but it doesn't belong over top of the headlights.
i agree-why would you want to sacrafice your saftey for looks? just because the 3rd eye will suffice doesn't mean that it's safe. I dunno, I'd think twice-there's so many other mods you can do. PLus if you do the HID conversion like i did, i think you'll want to actually keep the lights on ;]

·
Real fun 6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was mainly thinking about it for shows and what not. You know. "for offroad use only" I have upgraded my headlights for night riding which i do a lot of. So I am not by any means suggestioning these should be on while riding. I think velcro application and they would look sweet at local get togethers and what not. So far all negative feedback but your points make sense.

·
keep it lowered
132 Posts
I was mainly thinking about it for shows and what not. You know. "for offroad use only" I have upgraded my headlights for night riding which i do a lot of. So I am not by any means suggestioning these should be on while riding. I think velcro application and they would look sweet at local get togethers and what not. So far all negative feedback but your points make sense.
oh, well in that case i say go for it! if you're making it look 'track-ey' then I say go for it. as long as you do have it in some way, shape, or form a removable component for safety purposes. I'm only negative when it comes to safety ;] but if its a temporary added sexiness-do ittttt.:YEA

·
Real fun 6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea Safety and the law is important. I do not think co-officers in my town would appreciate pulling me over for laws I train to inforce lol Race look and yes removable easily.

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
Yea Safety and the law is important. I do not think co-officers in my town would appreciate pulling me over for laws I train to inforce lol Race look and yes removable easily.
it happens all the time anyway, why would this be any different. you will be sent on your way with no ticket.

i don't think this is a good idea, even for show. don't think it will look good at all

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
If its off road, than safety is not an issue. But Im with DannyJames I dont think it will look good. 50% of the time when somone thinks of a mod, they automatically think "CARBON FIBER" But I think that only 5-10% of the time is it the best choice aesthetically! Not cutting up your creativity, bu in my opinion, Get a little more creative with your lights than jumping to CARBON FIBRE. I think somthing that might look good where the nose was meant to hold headlights, woulb be, well... HEADLIGHTS. Make the lights look cool and differnt, but dont hide them!
Plus its somthing else you will have to carry around in your backpack, put them on... take them off...
Peace!

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
please please can i cover my headlights?? hahah

i doubt anyone would buy these if they were made. We are already not visable enough on the roads, dont need to cover the headlights up

·
Real fun 6
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
can't win them all lol guess its not a very good idea lol well thanks for the opinions and scrap this idea oh well no biggy just keep thinking

·
Wingman
109 Posts
I think at the end of the day its your bike and you should do what you want to it. Just because some people off the net give you shit for it doesn't mean you should stop. IMO I don't think carbon fiber covers would look that great, I saw on a members bike was decal with their track number on it with little holes in it so the light can still get out, it looked really nice, maybe something like that might look better on your bike but once again that's just my opinion

·
The One you love to hate
869 Posts
I drive around, even during the day with my 7K HID's on bright just to make sure if they cant hear me, they sure will see me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts