Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 03 and missed the date on the recall , im looking to buy the misu coils ....please pm if you have them for sale....thnx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keep checking Ebay. I got a set brand new sealed in factory plastic for $40.

Much better deal than the stealerships. not to mention you can change them out yourself much quicker than them during the riding season.

When I found out about the crappy coils my bike was sounding like a v-twin and almost got me killed in several intersections.

Oh and change your plugs while you're at it since it's such a pain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is the clear and tall tale signs. It will get worse pretty fast. My bike was running fine early in the day, then I hit an intersection and nearly died in the intersection due to an instant lack of power. It only really started to fire on all 4 cyclinders when i reved up to 5-6K. Sounded like a v-twin at any lower rpm and absolutely no torque. Let your bike idle until warm then spray your headers with water. See which headers boil off and which ones stay wet. In anycase Keep lookin for coils they are not cheap from the dealer and the dealer will take forever to give you bike back on a one hour job. Don't be riding that bike around until you get it fixed. All 4 coils of mine were arcing to the head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts