Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
100% Freak of Nature
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a silent 2008 r6 motorcycle exhaust slip on or any other mix that will not choke the power or air flow.. i just like somthing that i can sneek up on people and blow by them...

hey.. my bike is loud enuff with the paint job (still need cramra) just want a good quite exhaust and beeing stylish wouldnt hirt eather...

if you know of ANY brands let me know

·
100% Freak of Nature
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard of some slincers out thire.. just runnigas cheak for one... but bad new is i dont have stock slipons anymore.. i gus i'll e-bay some...

and what about levo or what ever that brand was...

·
100% Freak of Nature
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
stock will be the quietest exhaust out there.
AWWW Y_Y... ok but i did see that, that brand had a baful (god i cant spell) that hushed it up.. but just cheaking my options ... just that i come home late and the people here are asses and with this hand me down jardine slip on looks kinda... ehhhhh (not bashing those who do like it.. just this one looks like i lost my slip on some were on the road..)

but i just looing for somthing kinda slint im low rp range... i guss i will have to e-bay one (stock)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Akrapovic full system. it has a low grumble under acceleration but it is very quiet compared to leo or graves. Sounds almost stock but with a 6 to 10 hp gain depending on other mods and alt.. GOOD LUCK

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
Leo Vince? It's pretty loud. It does come with a silencer, but even with that in, it's still louder than stock.
personally, i thought the system with the silencer in was WAY MORE quiet than my stock exhaust with the gytr slip-on. that's why i took it off. i'd say leo... but that's just me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i dunno about you, but here in LA, being hear may save your life! esp when you have people not paying attention and on their cell phones. a quiet ehaust on a car is nice and lo pro but i'm trying to make my R6 louder. as far as quiet exhaust it works like cars, the stock exhaust will be the quietest..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I want to buy a exhaust pipe (slip-on) for my r6s 08, but need help to know wat brands to look for. I always knew Yoshimura was the best, is it true?. Please need some advise. Thanks

·
Yes
5,487 Posts
I want to buy a exhaust pipe (slip-on) for my r6s 08, but need help to know wat brands to look for. I always knew Yoshimura was the best, is it true?. Please need some advise. Thanks
Yosh isn't the best. Not bad but, I always thought they belonged on a Suzuki

Graves
Akropovic
Termignoni

·
My R6 eats me
329 Posts
Yosh isn't the best. Not bad but, I always thought they belonged on a Suzuki

Graves
Acropovic
Termignoni
whats acropovic???? :lmao (Akrapovic) jk man i never knew how to spell it / say it for the longest time.

·
Just bought my R6.
20 Posts
Hey all,

Not sure where to post this question but hoping someone can help...

I (somewhat) recently picked up an old (2004) R6 and the previous guy had dropped it so the muffler he has on looks terrible..

Looking at cheap ways to remedy and came across one guy who seems to be selling a similar bike to mine but with a stock slip-on from the next generation.

Is anyone able to provide insight into if this would work and if any modifications would be needed? Seems like it would be a good option as it looked decent and should be pretty cheap if it works?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts