Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 08 R6 last month and breakin period is almost over. So far the only things I put on are the camera mount and the manditory fender eliminator. I'm looking for a good exhaust, not sure if I should go full exhaust or just a slip-on and do I need a power comander or any other mods. THanks.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
If you want loud, then Graves or 2bros are great options. With a slip on, your not gonna notice a HUGE difference w/o a mid pipe. Your best bet is to save some $$$ up, and get a full system.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
If you are only looking for loud you might try

squid.com
or
*******.com

I hope your 2nd post is not. how do I ride Wheelies..............
i have a graves full system and its loud but what you want is the graves slash cut gp style exhaust i think its called. really loud and annoying and the cops will know where your at

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
d&d are loud as **** i dunno if they have a system for your bike tho

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an 08. I started with a GYTR stubby pipe which was a bit louder but not really what I hope for. I then bought a MJS race header which eliminates the giant cat box. The header and GYTR were just too loud, my ears rang after a highway cruise. I switched to a KR Tuned pipe and took the baffle out. IMO it's perfect now. Nice race sounding tone thats not too loud but still plenty noisy when opened up.:)

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
I bought a T-Tuner midpipe on ebay and then got a hotbodies slash cut. i wrapped the headers with some wrap i got at Vatozone and put a PowerCommander on it. Its freakin loud as hell, and it runs pretty decent. That's about as cheap and loud as you can get. The next time i take it apart im going to cut out the cat at the end of the header and replace it with straight stock. If you take yours apart, make sure that you do that when you have it all apart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts