Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into getting my ECU flashed due to a few reasons could you guys help me out on what I need to know.

Some facts on my bike.
- Just got my hands on a quick shifter.
- Have new MJS race headers with toce slip-on waiting to be installed.
- Already have enough wires running around my bike and I'm lacking on room.

Could some explain what each one does. (ex; YCC-T Race Throttle will bla bla bla bla.)

-YCC-T Race Throttle
-Adjustable velocity stack opening point

Anyone know of a place in SoCal close to San Diego that will flash and tune?

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
If only there was a forum and a sticky thread with 14 billion replies talking about stuff like this...

:D

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Get bauce-racing to flash it. Then get a dyno tune for your fuel map for the best tune possible

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I have been looking into getting my ECU flashed due to a few reasons could you guys help me out on what I need to know.

Some facts on my bike.
- Just got my hands on a quick shifter.
- Have new MJS race headers with toce slip-on waiting to be installed.
- Already have enough wires running around my bike and I'm lacking on room.

Could some explain what each one does. (ex; YCC-T Race Throttle will bla bla bla bla.)

-YCC-T Race Throttle
-Adjustable velocity stack opening point

Anyone know of a place in SoCal close to San Diego that will flash and tune?
Anthony @ Bauce is a stand-up guy with phenomenal customer service. Can't recommend him enough.

I'm not sure what you mean by YCC-T "Race throttle". The ECU flash will basically recalibrate the throttle response in the fly-by-wire (aka YCC-T) system, smooth out the fuel map, take out some engine braking, raise idle slightly, etc., etc. to give you the smoothest, most direct connection between your throttle hand and what the rear wheel is doing. Ideally, you want to get a fuel computer (Bazzaz or Dynojet), get the bike tuned on the dyno, and then get your ECU flashed using the resulting fuel map. Then you can get rid of the piggyback fuel computer.

If you don't want to mail your ECU to Bauce Racing and you're looking for a single place to do a dyno tune and ECU flash, hit up Cyclemall / Catalyst Reaction in Orange, CA. Not super close to San Diego, but I don't know anywhere in San Diego proper. Those guys do all my suspension work and support a ton of local racers. Haven't had them do any tuning work, but I would completely trust them to do so. If you hit them up, tell them Scott with the leaky R6 shock sent you. ;)

I'm sure Attack Performance in Huntington Beach could hook it up as well, which might be a little closer for you - but I have no personal experience with them. They've got a great reputation though.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
If only there was a forum and a sticky thread with 14 billion replies talking about stuff like this...

:D
In the OP's defense, that thread is huge and hard to find info in. Plus, it is mostly questions about actually doing the flashing with the interface, not what can be gained from each specific thing.

But yeah, this question could have been asked there.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just my ecu back from Ant/chiefsmokedog/Bauce racing and I love it!!!!!! It feels like a whole new bike. And not to mention he is a great guy. I asked him like 2000000000 questions and he answered all of them right away making me feel very good. I also had a special request and he went out of his way to do it for me which was amazing. If you want to get it done send it to Ant.
I even got a pretty pink sticker on mine

Also if you have any questions of what exactly you are doing sport rider magazine just did a great write up on ECU flash on a r6. It explains exactly what it does it really helps you understand what it does.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I just my ecu back from Ant/chiefsmokedog/Bauce racing and I love it!!!!!! It feels like a whole new bike. And not to mention he is a great guy. I asked him like 2000000000 questions and he answered all of them right away making me feel very good. I also had a special request and he went out of his way to do it for me which was amazing. If you want to get it done send it to Ant.

I even got a pretty pink sticker on mine

Also if you have any questions of what exactly you are doing sport rider magazine just did a great write up on ECU flash on a r6. It explains exactly what it does it really helps you understand what it does.

:cheers

:YEA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts