Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it is as the title says. Looking to purchase my first street bike. I have been riding all my life basically(farm, off road, and dirtbikes on the road from farm to farm type of stuff), so I'd like to say I am very cautious and aware of my surroundings and all the good stuff that is important to be.

Anyways, I am torn between the 2008 r6 and the cbr600rr. I know as far as perfomance goes, neither one will truley kill the other. I have heard however that the fly-by-wire system on the r6 is sluggish. Is that true? Also, are there any other gripes or concerns you have about the r6 now that you've owned one for awhile?

I know this isn't the best place to ask for someone to knock on an r6, but I figured ya'll would know better than anyone else what to look for in these bikes and the reason I'm asking here is because the Yamaha is the one I'm leaning towards and it is strictly based on how sick it looks. They both feel good under me, I don't mind how the r6's tail seems to stick up a little higher, so I guess it will boil down to which one has less "issues".

If there is anyone who has both, or has ridden both, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I faced R6/CBR decision when I bought mine.. I think the CBR is a better 1st bike as it is more comfortable and more forgiving.. but I chose to go for the 07 R6, there was just something more appealing about it.. However if I was choosing between the 08's i'de probably go for the CBR in the white they do.. Just my 2 cents..

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
both awesome bikes my two favorite! R6 hands down the absolute best looking!!!!
i really want the cbr600RR graffiti if i can afford i. but i wouldnt trade my R6 for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input...it seems like a strong thing when 3 owners of R6's all state that the cbr is probably the better bike in this situation. Unfortunately I stumbled back apon ducati.com today in my searches for a bike and can't deny the feeling everytime I see the 848.

I think tomorrow I will have to make a trip into town to the local Duc dealer to see how it feels and to try and shake off the feeling of needing the 848 and go for the logical cbr/r6 option. I guess we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have heard the CBR has more comfortable ergos and a more linear powerband than the R6, making it a little more street friendly. As far as the 848, you're looking at a very uncomfortable bike, but lots of power at all rpm ranges. You're also looking at putting down a deposit and waiting 6 months or more to get your hands on one.

Thanks for the input...it seems like a strong thing when 3 owners of R6's all state that the cbr is probably the better bike in this situation. Unfortunately I stumbled back apon ducati.com today in my searches for a bike and can't deny the feeling everytime I see the 848.

I think tomorrow I will have to make a trip into town to the local Duc dealer to see how it feels and to try and shake off the feeling of needing the 848 and go for the logical cbr/r6 option. I guess we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just bought a 08R6 and love it.. but have been riding bikes for 27 years.. I knew what I wanted... but saying that if I wanted a badass bike that was also a great street bike I would buy the CBR..

·
BACK
384 Posts
all of my friends have ridden my 03 r6 (they each have 01r6 07zx6r 08zx1000r and 01 gsxr600 and have chosen my bike over theres but none have touched a cbr the only reason they dont have one is cause none of us like the appearance and none of them like hondas lol but good luck on ur choice mine and my friends 2 cents

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the CBR...theyre BOTH great bikes. I love the way the new r6 looks compared to the newer CBRs. Mine is an 06 b/c I liked the older style a bit better. To be honest, as far as performance goes, all 600s are soooo close to each other these days. Hondas are built to last...few of the guys over at 600rr have more than 100k on their bikes and they ride great.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts

:popcorn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts