Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to change my exhaust. I currently have the yoshimura, slip-on, but I've seen many pictures of the r6, with the micron, in which has a color fade on the exhaust, matching your bike color. I don't quite know if the liquid silver (my bike color) would look nice with a faded exhaust, going from silver to black. Therefore, I wanted to look into a company called Renegade, in which does undertail exhausts, and they do dual. I want it like the ducati in the new matrix movie. I want Dual undertail exhausts. Anyone know more about that?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Here are some pics and a dyno chart. Makes your bike look like a v-twin. They are suposed to be good pipes for the Suzuki SV650.

Check out http://www.renegade-exhausts.com

I have added these pics to our image gallery too.

dual system

This dyno chart is for the single slip on

And this dyno is for the dual system

·
Registered
831 Posts
The stock pipe goes out side the swing arm. So I don't see an issue with it. It does look strange to see the pipe on the left side of the bike though. I keep thinking hte image has been reversed. Like a reverse negative picture.

You probably won't see this pipe at your local hang out!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Nah, probably won't seem them on anyone else's around. Definitely a unique look to them. I just think the BOS & Wolf underseats look a little cleaner. I myself am partial to the new Devil SB2's on the '03.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yoshi

Just curious as I am looking into buying a yoshi can.
Could you tell me how your experience with them has been?

·
Registered
293 Posts
i would go with wolf for undertail. ive seen them and they look clean and sound great. my buddy has a tri-oval yosh slipon on his 954 and it looks nice and sounds good. im not sure about the power gains though.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I was a big fan of the underseat exhaust at first, but the only one that I would buy is the blueflame one.

Even then, I would choose a full Akrapovic system over them all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
those frog ones are cool but they are all stainless steel. aside from being heavy they also get hotter than other materials and being under the seat they would burn your ass off.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I wonder if the pipe would melt the plastic too? I would want carbon fiber being that close to the tail section. But that costs $$$$.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts